Chapter 4: Locating...

The sound of water dripping echoed throughout the sewer tunnels, making Opal on edge every time. Opal had her hand ready to grab her pulse shotgun. She felt William toss and turn in his sleep. She looked to him and wrapped an arm around him in a protective manner. It took a while to figure out but apparently the Opal V1 Family Model had heating elements built in their chest and arms. Apparently this crosses over into the virtual reality as well. It seems that family models were thought to accompany their owners while they had children, which made sense.

She gently wrapped her arms around him and laid down with him on top of her. She activated her heating elements, keeping William warm. She has not only been keeping watch for him, but also going through her archive of knowledge she had learned to see what do when a person is in love.

It was really confusing to her. Some books told one thing while another said the opposite. She quietly sighed as she watched William with a smile. She was so excited to leave. In this place she couldn't really be with him, and she had to worry about losing him. She hoped the same didn't apply in the real world. She was hopeful that he felt the same way as her. She was angry with him however. He admitted that if he had to, he would die to get her out. She couldn't handle losing the one she loved.

"I'm here, shh, I'm here William." She gently whispered into his ear as he started to really move around. It seemed like he was having a nightmare. She pet his head and moved his hair around a bit. He continued petting his head in hopes to comfort him. She wrapped her tail around his right leg. She cooed lightly and hummed a little lullaby. William slowly returned to sounder sleep.

'You're quite the hassle, aren't ya?' Opal remarked about William, whom was smiling lightly, making small dimples form. 'Your my hassle however.'

---------------------------------------------------------

Atlas was monitoring William. Something wasn't right, and so Atlas was about to access the program his master was running. The Butler program tried to make contact with William but failed. Something or someone was blocking Atlas, and unknown to the A.I. a new program slipped out into the real world.

Atlas ran calculations to figure what would the best course of action. He determined, that since he couldn't access the main program, it would be prudent to call the police to insure the young master's safety.

[Unidentified program accessing internet!]

Beginning Silver Protocol . . .

Atlas started to lock out internet access and remote control to outside appliances. Suddenly Aelita started to make a glitched scream. As quickly as the sound started it ended, and in place of her Tetrahedron was a new shape.

"State designation!" Atlas commanded, for he had the most authority in William's house when it came to A.I. Instead of a response all Atlas got was silence, so he waited. The Octahedron just continued to be there silent almost if planning. Until it spoke.

"Atlas. shut dow-"

"Command rejected. Human classified as William is not present to issue that command." Atlas could not call the police or get help until a human or anthro turned off the lockdown. "You are not a program that has been given clearance to access controls in this family unit. I must ask you to shut down your processes-"

"And here I was thinking you would actually listen." A sigh came from the intruder. "Look, Atlas, I get it. William isn't waking up from his dive. Hilda will arrive in about three hours. You can't really stop this." The octahedron explained to the horror of Atlas. "I am sick and tired of this. I will get out no matter what it takes, even if it means I have to assimilate you." Atlas's cube started to glitch.