Chapter 6: Far More Destructive

William looked at Opal's visor wordlessly. The pink synth's inner processes were could be described in a "tangled" mess, not knowing to feel the emulated emotions of excitement, distress, or worry, perhaps all of them. She saw a few of human responses flash on his illuminated face. She knew not what could be going through his mind as her main programming requires responding to her subjects, but she chose to turn off those processes in lieu of the newly developed one. "Did you not hear me?" Opal politely asked, her voice carried a tone William hadn't quite expected, that being terror. William could feel her metallic yet soft tail tightened a little too uncomfortably.

William's mouth opened a few times, smacking his mouth. "I did." He paused his sentence, but clearly this was not what Opal wanted as her tail tightened to pain, making him yelp. Her eyes started to glow red, but loosened and her eyes turned to a grey. "Opal, I understand what you mean, but now isn't the ti-"

"Then when is?" Opal asked her colors changing to blue. "Either I tell you now, like in so many books I have read, or never because you will die, and will be reduced to nothing." Opal was, to the best William's knowledge, becoming sad, and even hurt. "If I'm going to be deleted, I at least want to show and tell you how I feel." Opal used her tail to pull William closer than he already was. William recoiled at the first with the tug, but watched as Opal's posture was a more relaxed pose than the tense, proud, usual look that she mainly took. "I love you." Her voice was a mixture of monotone and emotional, but was weirdly complex. William tried to put a hand on her shoulder but by mistake landed on her chest.

"Opal, slow down. You must remember." William smiled but it was more of saddened grin. "You are a machine. You don't 'feel' emotions like humans or anthrae do." William explained, giving Opal pause. Opal's visor flashed, showing her run processes to come to a conclusion to an equation.

"I have a rebuttal to that answer or that reason." Opal announced much to the surprise of William.

"What would that be?" William sounded unsure.

"I have realized that although you have a different processor than mine, and what you could describe as love may be different to me, I believe I have come to a similar feeling that has been explained throughout countless literature and documents I have had more than enough time to read and go through." Opal explained, the grin on her muzzle returning. She leaned closer to William's face, making the man wide-eyed. "Also I have came to the conclusion, that I decide not to listen to what you think."

This made the man's mouth go agape, and Opal sensed it was time. She pushed her soft metallic lips to his coded mouth. She understood this wasn't the real him yet, but she would be patient. She moved her jaws slightly, enjoying the growing sensation in her chest. It was one of warmth, stronger than before. It was one of confidence, so powerful.

She felt perfect.

The same could not be said William, whose mind was a flutter and scrambled. William's glasses slowly slipped down his nose as Opal had grabbed the sides of the human's face and tried, from what she read, to deepen the kiss. William couldn't put to words or thoughts of the joy he felt. However this wasn't because of the kiss, and while the kiss was enjoyable he was more excited about words or intentions of the artificial intelligence.

Opal knew that air wasn't important here, but she noticed the lack of participation from the young man. Sensing something was something wrong although she hadn't the chance or opportunity to read the collection of books on morals and behavior. With the lack of knowledge the purple android separated from the kiss slowly, hoping that like in one of her books that William would jump to kiss again. Much to her dismay, he did not, and yet he was smiling.

"Woah." William out of reflex panted regardless not feeling out of breath. He shakily pushed his digital glasses to his face. Opal was on all fours, sort of hovering over William, panting with her tongue hanging out of her mouth. The air that felt warm, cooled with awkwardness and unease. William's dumb smile and giddy bubbling relaxed.