Moving Day

Ever since my father got promoted, him and my mom have been talking about how great things are going to be in New York. We finally made it to our condo in Manhattan after hours of driving and making quick stops.
Tomorrow is my first day of senior year whooo 😐 I don't want to go. I have to start over again, make friends again, and learn a whole new city... again.
The condo is gorgeous, it's got an amazing view of the city, very open and everything is white haha we might need to do some painting.
The first thing I set-up in my room was my record player, so I could at least listen to some of my favorites while I unpack. My room was pretty nice, I have no complaints. I have a big closet and lots of open space, and a big window that has a bench to sit on and look out.
I didn't hear much from mom and dad seeing as they were busy unpacking their things and decorating the condo to their liking. It was a bit past time for dinner so I go to find mom or dad.

"Hey, do we have anything planned for dinner?" I ask mom, "Would you want to go pick up a pizza from down the street and I can give you some money." My mom said. I nodded my head and she went towards her purse. "Your father or I will look for plates while you are out. Don't be too long and if anything goes wrong or you get scared walking, just call me right away, okay?" I nodded my head. She kissed my forehead and sent me out.
I took the elevator down, since we are 18 stories up. The walk wasn't long, when I got to Tony's Pizza, I got hit in the face with the smell of cheese, butter, and garlic and almost melted right at the door. They aren't too busy, there are some people here and there.

When I get up to the counter I ask for a minute to look at the menu. "Okay, can I get a large supreme and pizza with mushrooms and a side of your garlic knots please?" I finish, "sure thing! That's gonna be $15.84 and it will be ready in about 10 - 20 minutes." I grabbed my change, smiled, nodded my head and took a seat. I texted mom what I ordered and how long it was going to take so that she wasn't worrying. After 15 minutes I got the food and headed home, the walk home felt longer than the walk there, but maybe that's just because I could smell the pizza and garlic the entire time.

Dad found us plates and napkins and we all dug in. I think we are all quite hungry after unpacking all day and the stress of moving has been a lot. After what felt like hours I went off to my room to find an outfit and shoes for tomorrow. Tomorrow is about first impressions... I can do this, this isn't my first rodeo. Something just feels different this time. I don't think we are moving again soon, so I have to actually make my life work here.
As I walk out of my closet with some things, I notice my mom sitting on my bed. "Hi sweetie, I just wanted to come in and say goodnight and I love you to the moon and back. Also.. I know how you get about starting at a new school. When I looked into the high school it had great reviews, please just give it a chance, make some friends and enjoy yourself here. I don't think you're dad is going to be moved anywhere else for a long time, so we can be comfortable here, this is finally home." She says. I laid my head in her lap, "I will give this place a chance, I promise. I just- I hate having to be new girl all the time." She starts massaging my head, "I know honey, this time we can stay though, this time you can actually make lasting friends.. maybe even meet a boy.." "Mom!" I exclaimed, "what??" She laughed, "let's just take one step at a time please." She nodded her head, "yes, of course!" She gave me a kiss and went off to bed. I turned my lights off and crawled into bed. I say my prayers, and call it a night. Hopefully tomorrow goes well...