Oscorp Industry

The subway ride was fun, Peter and I ran to catch it before it left and we would have to wait another 20 minutes for the next subway.
We got off, and had about a five minute walk to the building. Peter kept stopping to take pictures of the sun setting on the city buildings and on the East River. He even got a couple of me looking at the water that turned out really good. I ended up stealing his camera and taking a photo of the both of us. Definitely a keeper.

When I went up to reception, nobody wanted to let me through because apparently I am not related to Matthew Belanger (my father)... I had to pull out my I.D but they still said "you are not allowed to be in the lab due to safety and security reasons..." looking us up and down. I was furious and Peter could tell because he just grabbed onto my hand and squeezed it.
I called my father on my cell, letting him know I was here and to please help me in. He came over a couple minutes later with two lab passes for Peter and I.
"You must be Peter." My dad says reaching out his hand.
"Yes sir!" He shakes his hand
"Nice to meet you, I am Matthew! I run all the human experiments here or 'human trials' as they like to call it." He says.
"Are you working on the regenerative cells project!?" Peter asks
"I am.. would you like to check it out?" He says
"Yes please! Is it actually working?I've seen how it works on animals, but on humans... that would be incredible!" Peter exclaims.

"So we haven't started our human trials yet, but as you can here it is working on the rats. We're just not 100% sure on this formula." My father says.
Peter looks at it, and gives him a completely new formula and explained why he thought that was correct. My father ran it through the system and it was successful on the computer. My father was speechless and grateful.
Peter and I ended up wandering off to explore and take a look at some of the other projects going on. I wandered a little too far, because I was talking to Peter and when I turned around to look at him he wasn't there...
I circled back to where we were to find him staring at all the spiders.
"Neat huh?" I say
He practically jumped out of his skin. "Yes, they are such a unique species, very intelligent and beautiful." He says
I just smile and admire his admiration. We carried on walking and bumped into dad again. "Peter! Why don't you join us for dinner tonight?" He says
"Oh! I don't want to impose, I am just grateful Madeline brought me here." Peter says
I nudge him with my shoulder, "don't be crazy, it'll be fun and my mom is making spaghetti!!" I say
"Ooh.. alright, is it homemade?" He asks
"No better way to make it. The noodles are just from a box, but my mom makes the sauce and the meatballs." I say
"I'm hooked." Peter says
"Alright kiddos, I just have to grab my things and I'll be out of here. Do you want to ride with me or you can go now and catch the subway?" My dad asks
I turn towards Peter, he just shrugs. "We'll wait for you in the lobby downstairs." I say
"Sounds good! Be down in 10!" He shouts
Peter and I ride the elevator down and he thanks me over and over again, because this has been "one of the best days ever!" and can't believe everything he got to see. Seeing him happy makes my chest tight with happiness. His honey brown eyes and the goofy smile on his face, is enough to make me melt over and over again. His laugh ahh his laugh makes butterflies explode in my tummy.
"Madeline... Madelineeee" Peter says waving a hand. I shake my head out of my thoughts, clearing my throat. "Sorry, what?" I say
He shakes his head smiling. "I just- really appreciate you. Also I'm going to return the favor." He says
"You don't have to return any 'favor' I had fun and we're just hanging out." I say.

"I'm still making you dinner one night." He says
"If that means we get to hangout again, then I won't complain." I say
He just smiles and lightly shakes his head. We joke around and laugh about how great our first day of school went. As we talked he kept bumping his shoulder into mine over and over again and I would bump him back.
"Alright!" My father claps his hands together, "let's go!" He says and we walk to his car out on the street. Peter takes a seat next to me in the middle row. I anxiously play with my fingers in my lap. He reaches over and grabs my hand, so I play with his fingers instead. He has soft hands and long skinny fingers. I intertwine our hands and he gives it a squeeze, rubbing his thumb on my hand. I close my eyes and lean my head back, tired from today's adventure.

Peter's POV
Today is the happiest I've been in a long time. I am trying so hard to freak out about holding her hand, she is so beautiful and funny. This day couldn't have been more perfect. The only way this day could be better is if I got the chance to kiss her.

Madeline's POV
When we get in the house, dinner isn't ready quite yet so I take Peter to my room. "I'm not done putting everything together quite yet so don't mind the boxes." I say. He nods, "I get it." He says examining all the photos I put up on my wall. "These are really good." He says about the photos I had taken myself. "Thank you, it's mostly the models though making the photo good." I say.
He moves to my dresser, looking at my camera, my jewelry etc. he seems so fascinated. He plops down on my bed. "I like your room." he says

"Time for dinner!!" Mom yells
We both head to the kitchen, ready to finally eat. We all take our seat around the table, and Peter sits across from me. "So how did everyone's day go?" My mom asks. I lightly giggle thinking about the mishap during gym. "*cough* um it was good, seeing Oscorp was honestly so cool." I say and Peter nods in agreement. "That's good to hear!" She says "What about you honey? How was your day." She asks dad. "It was good, a lot to catch up on and paperwork to look over." He says Mom nods, "I had a good a day as well." Mom smiles. "So Peter, how long have you lived here?" Dad asks. "I have always lived here sir, I moved once and that was into my aunt and uncles house." Peter says. "I see, and do your parents live there as well?" Dad asks. Peter deep swallows, "um no sir, my parents haven't been around for years now." He says. Dad sighs, "I'm sorry Peter." Peter nods "it's alright sir." He says. We finish up dinner and clean up all the dishes. Peter and I head back to my room.
"Well I should probably get going, thank you for dinner... I hope we can do something again soon." Peter says
"Of course.. and me too I had a lot of fun with you today."
He smiles, gives me an awkward hug and climbs out my window, down the fire escape.