Yearbook

Mom, dad, and I were all up at the same time getting ready to go. I threw on an old t-shirt with black ripped jeans on my hightop converse. I didn't have much in my backpack because I don't exactly know what I need, so just grabbed the essentials.
I got to school early so I could speak to the counselor. She has on file all the activities I did at my other schools and asked me to join yearbook, since they only have one student. I quickly agreed since I love art and photography. She asked to do some other minor things which I kindly declined, because honestly I really just want to enjoy this year. She gave me my schedule and told me that a student named Peter Parker was in charge of yearbook and that she will have him find you at some point today. I nodded my head smiling. So far so good, no complaints yet, but to be fair it is only 7:30 in the morning.
I walk to my first class, Chemistry. I sit in the middle of the classroom and pull out a notebook and a purple pen.
Ms. Howard takes attendance and begins class. Today she is only talking about what is expected from us this year, how she grades and the kind of homework we are going to have. I write down everything important. "Madeline.. are you paying attention!??" She shouts. I whip my head up, "yes ma'am, I was taking notes on what you were saying." I say with a slight attitude. I hear some giggles from students. She rolls her eyes and goes back to talking. After that agonizing long talk the bell finally rings. Don't get me wrong, I love science just like my father, but that teacher is awful.

My next class is gym, everyone changes into shorts and a t-shirt and wait for coach. Coach Green talks about our weekly activities and the final exam at the end of the year. Today, we are playing basketball. He split us into teams, explained the rules and how to play and we began. I wanted to play, but there were quite a few bigger guys so I just tried to stay out of the way.
I got distracted for a moment by someone walking into the gym, when all of a sudden I am being trampled by a big blonde buzzcut idiot. He gets off me and rolls his eyes, "stay out of my way kid." He yells and goes back to the game. Coach lets me sit out, seeing as I now have a stupid headache and kid?! I am probably older than that big oaf. As I'm sitting on the bench, yelling at "Flash" in my head, someone sits next to me.

"Hi, I'm Peter... Peter Parker." He has this goofy smile on his face, "hello Peter Parker, I am Madeline, but most people call me Mady." He nods his head, "Do you have your own camera?" He asks. "Yes, I have a couple lenses too!" He smiles "Perfect! Here put your number in, I will text you about school events happening and where we need to be. There are also some other events I go to, just to get some shots and build my portfolio if you're interested." He says. "Alright, and yes I would love that, Peter! Thank you!" I say. As I was talking to him Peter he launches his hand in front of my face and catches the basketball with one hand. I flew back and lost my breath. "You alright?" He asks I just nod my head. We both look towards Flash as he's laughing with friends. "Peter! Pass it back" Flash yells. Peter gets up and dribbles the ball towards Flash. "Take it." He says, so Flash walks up and goes to take it but, Peter quickly dribbles around him making Flash trip up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he covers his eyes, "just take it" he says. Flash tugs as hard as he can on the ball but, it didn't budge. Flash went to walk away and Peter shoved him to the ground, slam dunked the ball, shattering the back board. I gasped so loud I literally covered my mouth.
Coach slowly walked around the corner. "Peter! Principals office. Now!" He dropped the ball, carefully stepped out of the glass and headed towards the office. I ran after him. *facepalm* I didn't think this through.
I run in, "please don't be hard on him, he was only defending me because Flash was being an asshole." I shout. "Please Madeline stay out of this." Peter sighs
The Principal sighs, "Look Madeline, even if that is true, the glass backboard is still broken and needs to be replaced. I can reduce your punishment, but you will be paying for the damage." She finishes. "I understand." They finished their conversation and walked out carrying on with the rest of our day.
"Why did you do that?" Peter asked. "I- I don't know, I just felt like I had to say something. You did a kind thing.. along with breaking the board, yet Flash didn't get any kind of punishment and he was being a bully and an asshole."
"You're not wrong." He sighs
"I gotta get to my next class, but... thank you Peter. I really appreciate what you did." I say.
"You don't have to thank me, I would do again, given the opportunity." He says
I smiled nodding "alright, well I'll catch ya later then!" I say walking towards my English Literature class.
I took my seat and grabbed out a notebook and pen. Mr. Stilinski talked about the interesting books we'll be reading and the papers we will have to write. He's a very laid back teacher, he has a 2 week late work limit, doesn't mind if we aren't present every single class, just that we give our all and don't disregard any opportunities for help or extra credit. I look forward to what that class will bring this year. The bell rings not too long later and it's time for lunch...
The most nerve racking time of the day..
I packed my own lunch, so I just found an open table and sat down. I awkwardly pulled out my lunch and my phone. I texted my mom.

Me : Hi mom! So far everything is going good. I am in the yearbook club, so I can use my camera for that!! I met some nice people anddd some not so nice people. I'm at lunch now, but I hope you're having a good day at work too! Love you to the moon and back!!!

Mom : Hi honey, thats so good to hear! I can't wait to hear all about it at home. Work is good, boss is decent! No complaints here. Your father is loving his new position. Moving was a good thing! 🤍

Me : Aw I'm glad!! And yes, maybe moving was a good thing (:

I put my phone down, because I knew that was the end of our conversation. I looked up and squealed nearly falling out of my seat.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you haha can I sit here?" I regained my composure.. "of course Peter, just please don't sneak up on me like that!"
"Noted." He said pulling out his lunch. He talked a lot, I was pretty much just listening to him go on and on about this new regeneration research. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I didn't want to interrupt his excitement.
"Would you want to go to Oscorp?" I ask.
"Yes! I can't just get in, but it would be so cool to see all the research and their lab." He says
"Well would you want to go with me after school?" I ask
"Really??" He exclaims
I laugh, "yes!! My father works there." I say
"I would love that so much!!!" He says, shortly after that the bell rings.
"Meet me here after last class?" He asks
I nod my head "alright!" and Peter runs off to class.

Study Hall was a waste of time seeing as I have no homework so I just drew. Did I draw a picture of Peter pff no that would be crazy... although it turned out better than I thought it would. My last class is history and that was a breeze, he talked about his expectations and the topics he will be covering this year. He seems like a pretty decent teacher.
I made my way towards the lunch room since school was over. I could see Peter from a good distance away, because he's so tall. I could tell he was looking for me, but didn't see me until I was standing there looking up at him.
"Oh! There you are haha, ready?" He says
"Yes! Do you drive?" I say
"No, I do not, do you?" He asks
"I do, but I don't have a car, wanna just take the subway?" I ask
He nods and we go!!