Chapter seven

Chapter seven: With UK

"You think I'm cute?" America shockingly said. To be honest, I wasn't sure either. I just happen to mindlessly blurt it out. Look, I'm weird and stupid, okay? Don't judge me, I'm just weird.

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders. Then I suddenly scowled. I'm not sure why, I just suddenly became ... moody? As expected, America was taken aback. I tried my best to keep eye contact.

"Aw, you know I'm cute!" He childishly giggled. I frowned. He must've noticed that some 'angst' was occurring and threw in a joke to lighten up the mood. Sadly, it didn't work.

"Come on," the formal UK said. "Let's go."

But America wasn't letting me leave until I admit he is cute. But I wasn't in the best mood right now. My mood changed, again.

"She's not going anywhere 'till she admits I'm cute and handsome —"

"Shut up." I frowned and he immediately shut up. The atmosphere was tense. The three humanlike countries stared at me. I was getting nervous and uncomfortable. My heart pounded hard and nearly skipped a beat. It was getting awkward and I didn't like it.

"Uh ... can we go now?" I blandly mumbled.

"Yes, of course we can go." UK pulled my arm and we got in the car.

We drove for about 2 hours before reaching the British man's glamorous home. We walked inside and there were maids in the hall, greeting us. They led me to the guest's bedroom while UK made a call. Those countries sure are busy.

I collapsed on the bed as soon as I got in the bedroom.

Boring hours passed and there's not a single thing I can do. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I have a thing with food. I just need to eat whenever I'm bored. But what else can I do?

The kitchen was as empty as a graveyard at night. There was no one there. Like, where is everyone? From the moment I got out of the bedroom, the house was deserted.

I scrambled over to every room I can find, every corridor and even the backyard, but there was no one there. I assumed France already left, but did UK come with him too? I swear, if he just left me here, I'll rage. I know how much I hate it being home alone.

The lights of the living room flicked on as I turned the switch. The couch cushions laid on the head as I screamed in it with frustration.

"Are you alright?"

I looked up and saw UK. I slowly nodded, even though I'm fully aware I'm not. Just kidding! I was ok overall, nothing serious.

"Yeah, I'm all right." I huffed of the cushion.

"Ok?" He muttered. I could tell, he wasn't convinced at all. But I wouldn't blame him, it was a bad lie. Very bad.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

I raced back to the bedroom, leaving a confused tea man behind. I wasn't in the mood to talk or explain stuff. It's annoying, honestly. But that's just the way my stupid brain works.

Hours passed and I spent most of the time sleeping. Yep, I slept comfy on the bed. Mostly wrapped like a burrito with the AC on the highest. It reminds me of home. With the cold atmosphere and temperature at the very least.

The door creaked open and UK appeared on the door. I smiled as he sat down on the bed. I scooted beside him.

"So, what brings you here?" I started fidgeting my hair. He chuckled.

"I figured that I should get to know you better, Miss." UK responded with a sly grin.

"That's great and enough with the Ma'am and Miss, just call me by my name."

He laughed and so did I. It was nice to have a good chat, I was getting worried about staying with UK. Mainly because I didn't like boring stuff and since he's fancy and all, I figured that my stay with him won't be as lively as with the American.

"So, what can you tell me about yourself?" UK asked.

"Sure," I said. "I uh ... I like to eat, sleep, read and uh ... more?"

"That's nice, so what's your favorite food?"

"Probably toast, blini, syrniki, honey and kasha."

"Do you like tea?"

"Yes, I love tea. I drink it with honey."

We both chatted for hours and it was overall nice. I learned a lot from him and we had lots in common. Like liking tea and biscuits plus some other stuff ...

Hours passed and it was kinda boring. I decided to go for a walk, like I always do when I'm bored. It calms me and it passes time. By the time I reached the park, it was evening. I looked at the pond and saw my reflection.

I stared at it for a while before throwing a rock, shattering the image in the pool. I peered at the water and then got up. I ambled my way back to the mansion and met UK at the front door. When he noticed me walking towards him, he smiled.

"Where were you?" he asked.

"I went out for a walk. You should've too," I responded.

I grinned as he handed me a cup of tea. I sat down on the curb near the door and stared at the drink before taking a sip. I saw Britain gawking at me from the corner of my eye. I lifted my head to look at him. I glanced behind him and saw a dark figure walking up to us.

Something didn't feel right. I grabbed Brit's wrist and dragged him inside. He looked baffled from the unexpected action. We sat down the dining table and Britain was staring at me with a confused look. The maids entered the hall carrying trays of food and desserts.

"Why did you just do that?" he asked, fiddling with his spoon.

I lifted my head to face him. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well, you just pulled my hand and dragged me inside all of a sudden ..."

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about that," I tilted my head to the left a bit and smiled. I continued eating the pudding.

After dinner, Britain told me to meet him in the garden. I wasn't sure what he wants to talk about, but I went to him anyway. When I reached the garden, he was seating on a stone seat. I sat beside him and tapped on his shoulder. He turned to me and smiled, "Hello dear."

"So, what do you want to talk about or do?" I said.

"I was wondering, how exactly did you get here?"

"Oh ... um ..." I avoided eye contact. For some reason, I'm starting to feel as if this isn't a game. As if ... they're real beings. These anthropomorphic countries ... aren't just game characters ... I think ...