Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven: Russia

United Kingdom, December 4

I stared at the leather-covered book settled on the bedside table. I still can't believe that there were others before me! I'm still not sure who owns the diary, but by skimming through it, many others had written in the pages as well. I was thinking of writing some too, but I don't really have any new or important information.

According to the diary, Germany knows these things already; the players, the game, the easter eggs (which I'm excited to find), and the normal quests. I could call him and ask him to come over to talk about it, but then I'd be taking it too fast and the point of this is to enjoy the game and its story.

Groaning loudly, I stood up and picked up the journal. I flipped through the yellowish pages, finding more interesting tips and facts. Thank goodness the authors had placed marks for each chapter of the game, so I won't get spoiled. If there was anything I hated, it was spoilers.

I still remember that time when I bought a romance book while I was on vacation in Florida called "From California to New York." I got home after a long flight back to Russia and the first thing I did was read it. My brother visited me for two weeks and when he saw the book, he grinned wide. It was one of his favorite books and he told me. I was about to say that I already knew it was when he suddenly said, "Oh by the way, Jesse falls in love with Luke in the end, not Mark."

Gosh, I was so pissed! I smacked him with the book and threw the paperback on my cabinet. Now that I know Jesse was gonna be with Luke, I didn't have as much interest to read it as I did before. Not that I'm complaining that Jesse ends up with Luke, I love their dynamic. Mark and screw himself for I care.

A knock came on the wooden door, interrupting my flashbacks. I sat up, placing the book inside a drawer, and looked at the door. Britain appeared, wearing an oversized chartreuse shirt and black pants. In his hands, there was a tray with a plate of egg and sausage on top. There was a glass of water beside the plate and a small flower vase with a lily.

"Morning," I yawned. He grinned at me and carefully placed the tray on my lap.

"Good morning," he replied. "Better eat quick, I need to take you to Russia now."

"My home country," I said. "Сладкий (sweet)."

Britain giggled softly. "Russia is excited too. Some countries sees him as a moody person, but he's —"

"— really cheerful," I finished. "I know. Well, there are some Russians that are moody, but not all of them. Take my brother for example; he's very lively and talkative. Loves to smile a lot."

Britain shrugged and sat next to me. "I suppose that's true. And people say we're snobbish."

"You kind of are." I snorted at his reaction. "But mostly when you're talking about something you're proud of. Let's say, football. You kept badgering me about it yesterday."

"Erm – I might have." His ears turned pink and a blush creeped up to him.

I stabbed the egg with my fork and put the chunk of food in my mouth. "Arnd peeple say 'hat brits awre ba' at cooking," I said with my mouth full, grinning. I gulped.

"Don't talk with your mouth full!" he snapped. Then a sheepish grin curled on his pinkish lips. "But thanks."

"I'm serious! This tastes good!"

"Bullocks! It's just eggs and sausages. Italy and France can cook better than that. Besides, I can only make some food."

"Don't," I said, "underestimate yourself. You're good at cooking, you just don't see it."