The Coulter Baby

ERIC'S POV:
"Baby baby baby baby baby baby baby" i followed the sound of her repeated coos that she had taken to hushing every time she was within a hunded miles of our perfect angel, before finding her standing over the cradle with her back to the door. I resisted the old urge to try and scare her and opted to pecking her neck lightly instead, knowing she had listened to the loud sound of my boots clunking around the apartment anyway.
"Hand her over, go take a nap" "Im fine" she sighed and pecked my cheek after handing the baby over reluctantly, stroking my jaw lightly before shuffling to our bed tiredly, still exausted from 8 days ago, when our 7 day old first came into the world.
"Why do you keep leaving? Are you already sick of me?" "You caught me, Im only here for the angel" I teased and carried the bundle carefully to her side of the bed after she got under the covers, reaching her hands out to take the baby back already. "Yeah right" I muttered and pressed my lips onto the top of her curls, before placing the bundle in her arms and smirking when she instantly brightened at the tiny nose peaking out from the light pink blanket, reaching down to kiss it softly and pulling coos from her again.
"Baby baby baby" the baby cooed in response and looked up at us with wide, shiny grey eyes i couldnt help but grin at.
"Can you get me some water? Please?" "I get to take her with me" "no!" She whined and tried taking her away from my firm grasp, then surrendered to exaustion and watched her daughter coo a goodbye as i carried her out of our bedroom and through the hall to find the kitchen in our spacious apartment.
"And a heating pad?!" "Sure!" I called back to her tired, raspy plea, before looking around cautiously and grinning fully down at the girl.
"Baby baby baby baby baby" i cooed and pecked her tiny forhead, somehow brightening my grin even more when she cooed in response and smiled toothlessly up at me.
"Do you love your mommy and daddy?" "I can hear you! Come back so I can kiss you!" I pursed my lips and pecked her forhead again, then smirked when she giggled and looked up at me almost excitedly, like she couldnt wait to live her new life.