Chapter 14 - Street Basketball

Ayako Masaharu's POV

----

Ma-kun and I are here in the street court to play basketball. And as promised, if she wins, I won't bother her to play basketball. And if I win, she'll have to join the team.

And I am so freaking nervous right now. I know I'm being forceful and it's wrong but I'm doing this for Rafael (Raffy) and for her. Especially for her.

"Is there a catch?" She asked while tying her hair. I shook my head and she smirked. "You sure?" I just tilted my head. Ma-kun sighed. "Alright, how about this. If I score 20 shots, I win. If you score 4, you win. Sounds good?"

I knotted my eyebrows "why do you get to score 20 while I only get 3?" I asked. She laughed. "Do you really want to test my ability?" She answered. I just sighed. Oh well, no use arguing to that.

I started dribbling the ball and looked at her seriously. "Ma-kun, are you ready?" She smirked again. "Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"

I didn't say anything but ran towards the hoop.

----
Taiga Kagami's POV
----

"Kuroko! Why are we here anyway? Can't you just drag someone else here?" I whined. This is so annoying! Why am I even friends with him? Geez...

"Urusai. Look." He pointed at the street court and I saw Masaharu and Masaharu — err — the two Masaharu standing there.

"Ma-kun, are you ready?" Masaharu — arrgh! I'll just call them by their first names — Ayako asked her cousin. Maria smirked "shouldn't I be the one asking that?"

Ayako was quiet but she continued dribbling the ball and then ran towards Maria's hoop.

She did a fake and attempted to shoot the ball — wait... The ball disappeared! I looked at Maria. She's already running towards Ayako's hoop and shoot the ball.

Maria breathed out. Wow she didn't even break a sweat. She looked at Ayako with a bored expression. "That was slow" she said. "Ready for another round?"

Ayako frowned and clenched her fists. "Tch! I'm not gonna lose to you!" She said and got the ball. She dribbled it again and stared intently at Maria's eyes. Brown looking at black.

Then suddenly, Ayako disappeared — Wha–? How? The next thing I knew is that she's already running past Maria. What the heck that was so fast! I looked at Maria and saw her still having that indifferent expression then ran towards Ayako's hoop again.