Chapter 1 - Lady Beatrix and Reiji

“Where have you been?” A childish voice sounded.

The boy who just came in didn't look at the voice and walked straight to his room. He suddenly collapsed and started gasping. The boy’s name is Lian Yian and he had just died. How? He can't remember. And he doesn't know where he is currently at.

He just let this body guide him and found himself at this room, it appears to belong to a noble house.

Lian Yian attempted to calm his heart and explore more of the room. He gulped imaginary saliva, looked at his hands, and concluded this wasn’t his body or that he was dreaming. Maybe both.

Feeling distressed, Lian Yian got up and searched for a mirror. When he found one, Lian saw that he had no reflection. Strange. Is this really a dream then?

“Young master, it’s time for your studies” A hoarse voice suddenly came from behind the door of the room.

“...”

“Young master?”

Standing dumbfounded Lian didn’t know what to do, so he opted to make a short but affirmative sound, “Hn”

Hearing this, the stranger couldn’t help saying, “Lady Beatrix is at the patio with young master Reiji”

“Hn” Lady Beatrix? Young master Reiji? Where is he at?

Having thought all these things, he clutched his hand until blood came out. He could feel pain, it wasn’t a dream.

Eventually, Lian twisted the mirror in his other hand and placed it down. Panicking was not an option. He opened the door and walked to where he thought was a patio. Strangely, Lian noticed his senses were very sharp, he could feel the presence of people at a specific place and smell the scent of wood and gold from this big house.

Because of the abrupt start, Lian didn’t notice the clothes he was wearing nor the boy who spoke with him early. He also just noticed he seemed to have sharp canines.

However, he quickly recalled the current situation and was not sure whether he should laugh or cry. He was all alone at this odd place and he wasn’t even himself.

Quickly recovering from his previous break down, Lian Yian decided it was better to just follow that person’s instruction and go meet this 'Lady Beatrix' at the patio.

And, within a moment, Lian arrived at the supposed ‘patio’. He was stunned, he just said he wanted to go to the patio and here he was. After calming down, Lian Yian thought he must probably be suffering from short memory, because he doesn’t know how he arrived so fast. It's not like he teleported, right?

Beatrix was surprised for a moment after seeing her son pop out of nowhere and then laughed incredulously, “It seems you finally mastered one of your abilities’’

Her son, Shu, wasn’t being very attentive to his studies these days but it seems she had misunderstood. He was taking it seriously.

Beatrix usually didn’t demonstrate much emotion so that Shu can clearly notice the situation he is in, but now she felt very content.

The boy, now called Shu, was at war inside his heart. In front of him was the most beautiful lady he had ever seen in his whole life. Her blond hair made the sun hide in shame and her eyes contained the most elegant blue of the ocean.

Truly enchanting.

Lian felt a faint sense of foreboding within his heart. This woman is very familiar, he remembers seeing her somewhere...

Before he could remember, the silent boy who was just watching everything said, “Mother, I've finished memorizing the whole book”

The woman didn’t even turn to the boy. Lian deduced he must be Reiji. So they must be brothers, right? But this treatment is too different, why is she ignoring him?

Lian managed to keep an indifferent facade and mumbled, “Hn”

Lady Beatrix called, “Shu, come here”

She spoke those words without any apparent reason and then hugged Shu.

“Shu, you are the oldest and, so, the next head of the family. You need to comprehend how to behave and pass Cordelia—” Beatrix realizing she spoke unnecessary words corrected herself “You need to try harder, understand?”

Lian was shocked silent for a moment, and then he responded her with a short 'Hn' again.

After talking with this lady, Lian decided it was time to go and explore more of this huge place, his curiosity was at it's peak. However, before he could go, the boy next to Lady Beatrix got up and ran away without even looking behind.

“It’s improper to run and leave a lady to herself without paying regards. Don’t learn with him, Shu”

Lian Yian wanted to go search for the boy, Reiji, so he bowed to the woman before him and said, “Excuse me, mother” And teleported away.

He held his forehead in dismay. Oh my god, did I do the right thing? Is she my mother— This body’s mother? And that boy, Reiji, I think he doesn't like me. Wait, did I just teleport?

Obviously, Lian Yian noticed everyone calling him a different name, so right now he must be Shu.

In order to learn more about this place, Lian Yian began to wander. He wanted to talk to Reiji too, but the boy simply vanished like air.

Lian could not help thinking of his past life. He was a medic and a musician— on his free time. Fortunately, he had a fair amount of fans on a streaming platform, because he could play anything and liked to hear anything.
Since young, he was an orphan— never discovered what happened to his parent. But his uncle took great care of him and, thus, he managed to finish high school. He felt sad he didn’t survive to compensate his uncle for his generosity. Now he can only pray the man is doing well.

His thoughts started drifting to Reiji's appearance, it reminds him of a jealous cat he found when he was only 10. The cat would be upset when he gave attention to others instead of him, so, as a punishment, he would scratch him all over.

Lian Yian chuckled. He was deeply aware that this was not his world. It might be Earth, but not his Earth.

After some time walking, Lian found a very tall building. It had a small window with poles on it, like the ones in prison.

Before he could advance, a voice sounded behind him, “Who are you?”