Chapter 2 - Subaru and Ayato

"Who are you?"

Lian felt this voice was strangely familiar, but, nonetheless, turned slowly to see who it was.

Subaru watched the boy turning and said, "What are you doing here?"

Lian Yian heart suddenly softened into a puddle of water, completely muddled. Even though he looked unaffected, his heart was softened by the boy's appearance.

 Even though he looked unaffected, his heart was softened by the boy's appearance

He seems to be a little lonely. Maybe he can be my first friend here.

Lian Yian decided the best was to introduce himself as Shu, "Shu, I'm exploring" It's better If I don't talk too much, I don't know how this body acted before.

"Oh...I see. So you are my brother. I'm Subaru"

Lian Yian felt very curious about the huge tower so he pointed to it and turned to Subaru, waiting for him to answer his gesture.

"None of your business, you must not approach that place!" Subaru seemed to be very agitated by his action so he chose to suppress his curiosity. This boy...

"Get out of here, you are not welcomed"

Lian Yian felt a little lost at the sudden hostile action. He knows this is something he shouldn't evolve with, but he also wants to make friends with this boy, so he gave his hand to Subaru.

"What? W-what do you want!?"

"Hand"

"Why?"

Lian Yian feeling stressed, just took Subaru's hand and started running.

Caught by surprise, Subaru didn't know how to react, "Wait! Where are you taking me to?"

"You'll see"

Before finding this tower, Lian found an enormous lake, it looked not very deep, but enough to drown a child like themselves. And of course he wanted to swim. At least on the border.

Arriving there, Subaru looked perplexed.

Perhaps, the boy himself never saw this place? "Would you like to swim with me?"

"You want someone like me to swim with you?"

What? What does he mean with 'someone like me'?

"Forget what I said. Well, I have some time, so I will give you the privilege to swim with me"

Lian Yian suddenly chuckled. This boy really doesn't know how to express himself.

In the next seconds, his steps stopped in place. Lian Yian's brows furrowed. I think I heard something.

"Help me, mother!"

A boy was drowning at the deeper part of the lake and woman with purple hair walked away completely ignoring him.

Oh my god! That boy is gonna die!

He tightly knitted his brows, quickly calculating in his mind, and abruptly started running towards the boy. He is currently a child too, but he's certain he can save this kid.

Lian Yian jumped into the water and dove to reach the boy.

____________

After being pushed by his mother, Ayato felt something snap in his heart. The water felt incredibly comfortable, like a hug. He was tired, extremely tired.

Before he could close his eyes, a loud noise came from above him and a handsome boy approached him— It was just like an angel coming down from the skies.

Lian Yian sucefully grabbed the boy and went to the surface.

Behind them stood Subaru a little startled by the unexpected commotion, but lacked any other kind of emotion.

Under the bright lights of the sun, the bare dirt and water no longer looked unpleasant. Instead, it was somewhat warm.

Lian Yian dragged the boy to land and was surprised he seemed to be alright and wide-awake, "Are you okay?"

Ayato was never the type to cry over stupid things, but this question made him wanna cry and just say everything he kept inside the deepest part of his heart. Am I really okay?

Ayato hugged the boy besides him and started sobbing. He felt hopeless and lost.

Lian Yian looked around at the environment and felt his mind clear up a little.
The boy hugging him was trembling and crying violently. However, he didn't know how to comfort him, so he just gave soft pats on his back and said, "What's your name?"

The boy looked up a little and said between his sobs, "I'm Ayato"

Ayato? This name sounds very familiar too.

Ayato asked, "And you are?"

Before he could answer, Subaru who had followed Lian Yian seemed rather restless with anger. He was shaking his legs, irritability. He clenched his hands, subconsciously using his nails to press against his palm. His skin was pierced until there were blood marks, "He is Shu and I'm Subaru" and mumbled, "We were in the middle of something and you ruined it"

Although Subaru whispered the last part, Ayato heard it, "I didn't ask for your help" And pushed Lian.

Lian Yian who literally said nothing, "..."

The two boys on different sides were as different as this whole scene, standing quite far away with Lian between them, seeming rather eye-catching.

Lian Yian's line of sight lightly swept over them without pausing in the slightest.
"How troublesome" He turned to look at Ayato, "Would you like to come with us?"

Ayato paused for a moment, but nodded and got up. Before Lian could do the same Subaru helped him, "Thank you"

Although his complexion was still a little pale because of the drowning situation, Ayato still followed after them, resembling confused headless flies circling around the room, seemingly wanting to know more about this two boys.