Chapter 9 - Bonding

After Lian Yian attended all his classes, he was free for the rest of the day.
Lian Yian's eyes were hurting from reading so much. But he liked it. He had always been a book-eater.

Silently sitting down on his chair, Lian Yian looked at the horizon. The beautiful sky graced him with the appearance of fluffy clouds. Yet, they couldn't hide the sun's majestic presence. He really liked how the sun from this world welcomed him, Liam Yian quickly fell asleep.

____________

"Are you sure we can enter his room without his permission?" A voice behind the door sounded.

"Who cares? I'm going in" Another one said.

The door made a cracking but gentle sound.
Four small figures entered the room— Ayato, Laito, Kanato, and Subaru.

"He is sleeping, let's scare him" Ayato smiled mischievously.

Laito chuckled a little and agreed. Kanato only stared at the sleeping blond boy.

Subaru disagreed, "You aren't. I am going to scare him"

"No. You won't" Ayato retorted.

"Yes. I will"

"No. You won't"

Subaru's face warmed up and he yelled,
"Yes, I will!" While smashing the wall.

"Great, you nitwit. You woke him up"

Actually, Lian Yian woke up the moment they spoke outside his door, but he let them be. He just couldn't pretend to be asleep anymore after Subaru made so much noise.

"Did you sleep well, Shu-chan?" Laito asked him.

"Hn"

"Great! We are heading to the tree again and you are coming with us"

"..." Ok, I guess.

They went the same way, Kanato and Subaru holding Lian's hands. Ayato and Laito running again. Such a warming scene.

____________

"Oi, Shu! Get your lazy ass here"

Lian looked down at Ayato and mentally rolled his eyes. Nonetheless, he did as the boy wanted, he got down from the tree in a jump, "What?"

"I'm not gonna participate in our hangouts anymore, so I wanted to know If you can visit me when I'm studying. It's not because I get lonely or anything, it's just that you can help me study"

"Alright," Lian giggled.

They ended the day there. All with smiles.
Lian Yian took advantage he was already there and went to visit Edgar.

____________

His days went all the same. He found Hypnos hiding under his bed.
Lian daily attended his classes, hang out with the kids, and visited Edgar.

Everything was perfect. Until something happened.
He met with Cordelia again, and this time she wasn't alone. Laito and a strange man were with her.
But the worst of all was what they were doing. He shut his mouth and quietly reached for Laito, "Laito, let me get you out of here"

Laito didn't respond and only silently looked at him.
Lian managed to break Laito free and pushed him to freedom.
Before he could follow him, Cordelia saw what he was doing, "Oh my, what do we have here? Such a naughty boy. Richter stop him"

The man, Richter, quickly grabbed Lian Yian and dragged him to his lovely Cordelia.

"My darling, are you prepared to deal with the consequences? Richter, my love, you know what to do"

"Yes, my Cordelia"

____________

Lian Yian managed to stop Laito from getting hurt—physically and emotionally. But at what cost.
From there on he was Laito's replacement.
And after witnessing Kanato singing till he spite out blood, he asked to sing for Cordelia instead. He was a musician, singing wasn't a big deal at all. He didn't manage to help Ayato though, the boy was crushed by books every day. At least, he relieved the pressure the twins suffered. As for Subaru, he could only offer comfort and a friend.

Lian Yian would get heavy bruises on his body, but nothing a vampire couldn't manage. Only some nightmares and heavy sleeplessness.
It was fine, right?

Hypnos barked at Lian Yian who stared at the air, "Sorry, Hypnos. Dazed a little"

"Let's visit, Edgar today. I'm pretty sure he will appreciate it"

Both went to the forest, happily walking, "Let's see who arrives first. Ready? Go!"

Hypnos and Lian Yian broke out running, "The last to arrive is a mortal!"

Hypnos barked.

But what awaited them wasn't a dashing village, but their remains on fire.