Chapter 8 - Family

Cordelia took Lian to his room as promised. She opened the door and dropped Lian gently on the bed. She processed to take off his shoes and tuck him in.

So this is what it's like to have a mother.

"Are you comfortable, Shu?" Cordelia asked.

"Hn"

"You see, Shu. I can tuck you in every night If you would like"

Looking at the expression Cordelia was making, Shu nodded with a stiff face. He was a little afraid, making him have to obey her.

"Great! Here, have some of this. I specially prepared for you, darling"

The boy listened to her words and got up to drink whatever this woman had prepared for him.

It can't be poison, right?

Cordelia placed a teacup in his hand and looked at him with anticipation.

"..." Lian Yian stared at the dubious liquid and couldn't help but pray for his life.

He breathed in the scent from the teacup and thought, 'Holy—What is this delicious smell??'

Lian Yian immediately dranka sip and closed his eyes in ecstasy.

So good.

"I see that you like it. Its blood"

He nodded, "This blood is delicious"

"Of course it is. It's my blood"

Lian Yian's muscles tensed, he thought he heard wrong, "Blood?"

Cordelia chuckled, "Yes, darling. Lady Beatrix, your mother, didn't let you near blood for some time, but your Cordelia here will let you drink anytime you want"

Blood? Did I just drink blood?

Lian paled and said somewhat uncertainly, "This can't be blood. Blood doesn't taste good"

Yeah, it can't be.

Cordelia got up and prepared to go out, "Of course, it's delicious, darling. We are vampires after all" And with that, she walked away.

Lian Yian wasn't sure wherever he should throw up everything or finish it. He always had strong willpower, he could manage this time too. Lian Yian dropped the teacup on a little table beside his bed and decided to take a bath. He didn't go to throw up the blood he drank and neither he was going to drink any further.

The bathroom was quite simple but properly decorated. He found himself sinking in the big bathtub, enjoying all the bubbles and refreshing aroma.

Am I really a vampire? Why didn't my skin burn when I walked into the sun? Also, what did Cordelia meant with 'we'? Everyone is a vampire? Even the boys?

Lian Yian felt a headache coming. So many questions and no answers.

Wait. If Cordelia is Ayato's mother and she has purple hair...wasn't she the woman at the lake this morning?

Lian abruptly got up, "She was going to kill him!—Wait, If Ayato is a vampire, can he even die by drowning?"

In such a short amount of time, Lian Yian was pulled into a whole different situation. Maybe his life is in danger, he shouldn't have met Cordelia.
His mind was trying to alert him of something His memory seems to be locked up. He needs a trigger to see what he can't remember.
Lian sighed tiredly. At least, he has a place to sleep and eat.

I should go to sleep, maybe I can get answers tomorrow.

He headed to the king-sized bed and he let the darkness embrace him.

____________

Lian Yian was awakened by a knocking on his door, "Young master, it's time for your lecture. Professor is quite dissatisfied with your absence yesterday"

Right. Everything wasn't a dream.

"Alright" Lian Yian carefully got up and changed clothes. It's rather difficult to put on this type of vest, maybe I should order a servant to help me? "Excuse me"

"Yes, young master?"

"..Nevermind"

Somehow, he managed to put his clothes on impeccably and proceeded to find this 'Professor'. However, it wasn't necessary, as a servant guided him to the location.

____________

"We have arrived, young master" The servant opened the door for him and did a perfectly bow.

Lian Yian entered the room with caution, he didn't know what to expect.

"I see that you have arrived, young master. Let's begin our lecture. Since it's our first class, I will teach you the basics"

Our first class? It seems I have just started. Luck is on my side.

As time passed by, Lian Yian learned a lot about his situation. He has come from a Royal Family of Vampires. His father, Karlheinz Sakamaki, is the King of Vampires. And, his mother, Lady Beatrix, is his second wife. Cordelia is the first. And, the third wife being Christa, Subaru's mother.
Christa..I wonder If she were up there where Subaru didn't let me go up..

Thrilling, even though Lady Beatrix is just a second wife, I am the oldest son and not Ayato, who is the son of the first wife, Cordelia. This is pretty odd, I think there is more behind this.
A big happy family. Or should I just say: A big family.

Lian Yian also learned that they were in a period of war. People were fighting for freedom and conquest.

But that was all he could interpret, he had other affairs to take care of. Violin class is next. Then fencing, languages, etiquette, and all types of subjects one can think of.

Today is gonna be a busy day.