33

Trigger warning:
-blood
-abuse

Nova's POV:

When we land, Xavier rents a car and immediately books us into a 5 star hotel. I thank him for paying because that shit was expensive to say the least.

I mean how much money does this guy have? He told me that he bought the pet store Bella, and Bob were from with the SPARE cash he was carrying.

Who the fuck carries $40,000 dollars in cash?! I guess Xavier Costa does.

"Mama since it's night, do you, and mija want to go stargazing?" He asks, his head laying in my lap.

"I'm sorry, but I'm kind of jet lag at the moment. So is Maya," I say pointing to the sleeping girl. "Could we go tomorrow?"

"Of course," he says, kissing my thigh. "I'm gonna put her to bed."

"Okay," I say, combing his hair with my fingers.

He kisses my thigh again before getting up from the couch, and going toward Maya. He picks her up carefully, not wanting to wake her, before heading into the room she's sleeping in.

After around five minutes he comes back out, and sits beside me again. His strong arms wrap around my waste as he looks at me with his soft grey eyes.

"I love you so much," he says, raising his hand and tucking a curl behind my ear.

"I know," I joke.

"Good," he says, placing his head back onto my lap.

"It seems like your jet lag is worse than mine," I tease. "You alright?"

"I'm alright," he says with closed eyes. "I didn't realize I'd get this tired from a nine hour flight though."

"Same here," I laugh quietly. "Let's head to bed."

"Yeah," he whispers, swiftly carrying me up bridal style, and walking us over our bedroom.

He places me on the bed, but crawls on top of me, falling to sleep as soon as his head lays on my stomach. I laugh quietly because this big ass man literally thinks he weighs as light as a feather... he does not.

Eventually I am able to fall asleep from the warmth Xavier was emitting from his body. I felt warm, and actually pretty comfortable since Xavier has positioned himself in a way that his body weight is not overbearing me.

I then soon wake up in a cold sweat. I feel the need to check on my baby, so I gently get out from under Xavier, and leave the room.

I see Maya tied up on the floor, then vision goes black before I get the chance to alert Xavier.

///////

"Fuck," I groan, touching the side of my head.

I'm fucking bleeding. Shit.

Wait. Maya!

I go to stand up but I hear a rattle of chains. Where the fuck am I! No wait, calm down. Take a deep breath, and look for a way out.

I look around, and I see nothing. I was in what seemed to be a metal barred room with a small window that was also barred.

I can't fit through the window, so that exit is now crossed off. I then see the door. It seems to be the only way out, as well as the only way in.

Where the fuck is my baby? And who hit me because my head hurts like a bitch.

"You awake?" Ask a sly voice.

The voice is coming from behind the door. It sounds familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it.

I choose to stay quiet. Examining the thick metal cuffs I had on both my ankles, and wrist. They were chained to a wall and as I pulled on them, the tighter the grasp around me became.

"Fuck," I grit, wincing slightly from the pain in my wrists.

Ezra? Fuck, how did he get out?! I thought he was in maximum security?

"I guess you are awake?" He says, opening the door. "How are you feeling?" He mocks.

"Where's my daughter?" I ask, glaring at him.

"I thought you said you didn't have a daughter? That's what you told me right, after insulting me?" He says in an evil smirk.

"Where is she?" I repeat.

"Dead," he smiles.

My heart instantly hardens, and my face falls. All the life I had in me dissipates. My baby is dead? That can't be true. No, it's not true.

I try to scream but can't because my cries are lodged in my throat. The tears brimming upon my lower lid makes my eyesight blurry. My head feels light, and I can't breathe.

"No," I whimper, shutting my eyes tightly. "No."

"What do you have there, baby?" I ask.

"Lilies. I picked them just for you," she smiles, her dimples on display. "Beautiful, just like you!" She states, handing them to me.

"Thank you," I smile, pinching her cheek playfully.

"Mamma?"

"Yes baby?"

"I love you. More than anything in the whole wide world! You're my favourite person you know."

"I thought Xavier was."

"He's my best friend, but he's not you. You're my favourite, and don't ever forget it!" She states, poking my stomach.

"Okay, I won't!" I chuckle, picking her up in my arms. "Thank you for the lilies."

"You're welcome mamma," she smiles, rubbing her nose against mine.

"Oh don't cry." says Ezra, walking toward me and crouching down. "She's in a better place."

I spit on his face, and he instantly punches me across the face. His rings cutting deep into my cheek. He then grabs me by my hair, and slams his knee into my face.

Blood starts to pour out of my nose, which causes Ezra to look at me in disgust.

"Great, you got the floors dirty," he scoffs.

"I'm going to kill you," I say, spitting out the blood that entered my mouth.

"I'd like to see you try," he smiles, before standing up and exiting the room.

As soon as he leaves I break down crying.

I didn't get to say goodnight to her.

My baby. No, how did this happen? I need her, and if she's gone there's no point in living anymore. She's my fucking life, and I need her. She's my baby.

)))))))

Xavier's POV:

Where the fuck are they?
———————————————————————

😞