Chapter 2

Tobias POV

Tris helped me get my schedule and we talked outside for a little while. I found out I have classes with at least one person from the group.

Period 1- English, with Tris, Zeke, and Shauna

Period 2- Math, with Will, Uriah, and Christina

Period 3- Spanish, with Tris

Second Lunch

Period 4- World Studies, with Tris

I have a lot of classes with Tris, which is fine with me because I want to get to know her better. She seems really cool, and she is also is into sports and knows how important they are. I just can't get her out of my head. She's so beautiful, I think she is the prettiest girl I have ever seen. I am awaken from my day dream about her when the bell goes off releasing us to our first period. I turn to Tris and she looks at me.

"Can I walk with you to class, I don't know how to get there." I ask, trying to let my nerves show.

"Of course, and we can keep talking about how I can kick your ass on the field." She laughs, I laugh too because she could possibly do it I haven't played in a while.

"You might just be right, I haven't played in while." I say laughing.

"Me neither, I have no one to played catch with. My brothers a nerd, my mom doesn't know how, and my dad is always out of the house." She says while gesturing to the classroom. I open the door for her and she smiles at me. I walk in behind her, leaving a bunch of girls with disappointed faces I don't care because I am focused on Tris. She sits and there is a chair open next to her. I pull it out and take a seat. Zeke and Shauna come in all lovey like. I just look at Tris and she has a overly dramatic disgusted look on her face. They walk up to kissing and Tris yells.

"Go find a empty classroom." I can't help but bust up laughing. She laughs too and I give her a high five. They glare at us, which makes us laugh more. The teacher walks in, Tori, and motions for us to take our seats and quiet down. I start to zone but then Tris slides a note to me. I read it,

A/N: Tris Four

So how long you been playin'

About 9 years

Damn, I've been playin' for 7

Wow, really dedicated, I like that

Really? Good to know I guess.

Sure. Hey what are we supposed to be doing right now

Finding partners for an essay thing.

Wanna be my partner?

Gladly.

I smile at her and she takes the note and writes something else down, I expect her to slide it over, but she just puts it under her binder. The class goes on slowly, I completely zone out. All I can think about it Tris, and how beautiful she is. I can't believe I like someone, this fast. I mean I just met her and I could date her at this second and be ok. She makes me laugh, and forget my issues. The bell goes off making me flinch. I see Tris jump, and start to fall. Out of reflex I grab her hand and pull her close to me. When I touch her I feel this electricity go through me. She smiles and takes her hand back. Once she lets go my hand suddenly feels cold and weird not having her in it. We both pack up our stuff. She starts to walk away and I notice she left the note on the table, I grab it, she turns and I quickly hide it in my pocket.

"You wanna walk to the next class with me, yours is right next door to mine." She asks smiling.

"I would love to." I say walking up behind her. When then leave the classroom walking down the hall side by side. I watch a couple of guys staring at her in awe. I feel a pulse of jealously run through me. I want her, and I also want her not to be anyone else's. I glare at them and they quickly look away. Tris doesn't even notice. One more thing I like about her, she doesn't see herself as some girl who needs a guy to survive high school.

"So your class is right there and my class is right here. Do you wanna meet by the band mural" She points to a painted picture on the wall "and then walk to lunch together. I take it your eating with us, or at least I wouldn't mind you there." I smile when she says that, her cheeks go red when she see's my face.

"I would love to meet you here, and eat lunch with you." I say kindly, she blushes yet again, starting to walk to her class. The door is closed, so I run ahead of her and open it for her. She whispers and 'Thank you' and I let go once she walks through, leaving a couple of girls to open it for themselves. They mumble something under their breath but I don't care. I go to class thinking of Tris and how I get to spend almost my whole day with her. I sit next to Christina and she looks at me like she knows something about me.

"You like Tris, don't you?" She says pointing at me.

"W-what N-no I-I don't" I stutter out. She rolls her eyes and looks down at a paper the teacher handed out. I start to zone out again when I remember I have that note Tris left. I pull it out of my pocket and read it.

I really like you, text me 503-Ran-dom#

A/N: I didn't want to use a real number sorry

I read it over and over again. Then I hear someone whisper in my ear

"Just text her, I know you want to, I can tell when people lie." Christina says. I nod my head, yes I am going to do this. I pull out my phone and type in her number. Then I start typing in my text

I really like you to.

I think about it and then set my phone on the table contemplating sending it. I watch Christina grab my phone and hit send before I can do or say anything. Well there's nothing I can do now. I just sit and wait. I start daydreaming about her when I hear my phone buzz. I look over noticing Christina still has my phone I lean over her shoulder to see what she said

Who is this?

Four

Christina sends back she then sets my phone in my hand and I am speechless.

How did you get my- OMFG did you take the note?

Maybe

So what does this mean are we like dating?

I am about to send the text back when the bell goes off dismissing me from class, I walk to the mural to find a worried looking Tris.

"Everything ok?" I say walking up to her.

"No you never answered my text." She says waving her phone around. I am about to answer when Zeke interrupts, Tris growls at him. He backs away

"We found a new lunch spot follow me." We follow, I can't help but look at Tris, she meets my gaze and smiles. I run into Zeke because he stopped and I didn't notice. Tris giggles and I blush. Damn it. I look around, there are murals everywhere, I love it. I sit next to Tris and the rest of the gang walks up all lovey like. They all sit for a while but then eventually start making out. I lean over and whisper into Tris's ear

"So, should I put you in my phone as, Tris or My Girlfriend with a heart next to it." She smiles and takes my phone. What is up with girls doing that. She hands in back and look to see what she did. She changed her contact name to 'The Best Girlfriend Ever" I smile. I then change it, I turn my phone to show her. It says "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" She blushes. She takes her phone out and changes my contact name to 'My Man'. I then change hers one last time to 'My Girl'

"I like it, they match" She whispers in my ear. I kiss her cheek and the bell goes off. We walk to class together holding hands. No one seems to have noticed. I can tell Tris is happy and excited with this new relationship.