Chapter 12

Tris POV

I awake with Tobias holding me. I look at the ring on my finger. The one that says His in cursive. I smile to myself, thinking about how happy I am. I look at the clock. Its about to go off. I turn it off so it won't wake Tobias. We stayed up really late talking, dancing, and talking some more. I slowly wiggle my way out of his hold and get up. I walk out of my room with my clothes for the day, to take a shower, when I hear voices come from the living room. I slowly grab my old softball bat and walk to the living room. I walk in to find my parents sitting on the couch with Caleb next to them.

"Mom, Dad, Caleb." I say with tears in my eyes. I swallow and they go away. They jump up and I hug them. I then remember Tobias is in my room shirtless sleeping in my bed. "Give me like four minutes to change." Ha Four I think to myself. They all nod and I run back to my room. Tobias is sliding his shirt on.

"There you are." He says smiling at me.

"Shh! My parents are here and they don't know you've been staying here with me." I say hugging him. "Good morning love." I say remembering he just got up.

"Good morning beautiful, and I'm out of here." He says walking to the door.

"Wait." I whisper yell.

"What?" He says turning towards me.

"I love you. Be safe climbing down." I say hugging him.

"I love you too. And of course." He says climbing out the window. He faces me while standing on the branches. I pout my bottom lip and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Yes?" He asks.

"No kiss goodbye." I say raising my eyebrow.

"That's why I turned around. Come here." He says. I walk over and kiss him. He pulls away and tells me he loves me and climbs down. I see him start to jog away. I quickly get changed and greet my parents and brother in the kitchen. We are all at the table talking when Caleb stops talking and glares at me.

"Yes?" I say looking at him.

"What's that?" He says pointing at my hand with his fork.

"Well, look at the time. I better get to school." I say noticing he is pointing at my ring. I get up and grab my phone. Seeing I have a text.

1 minute ago sent by My Man

I'm here love.

I grab my backpack and rush out the door.

A/N: Its later in the day, after school.

Tobias POV

Tris is making me come home with her. She told me all about how Caleb noticed the ring and how she dodged the question. I reluctantly agreed and went to her house. We walk in to find her parents and brother watching the door waiting for us.

"Bea, whats that." Caleb stands pointing at her hand. I take her other one, noticing she has frozen in her position. I push her forward and she starts to wake up. "What is it?" Caleb yells.

"Why do you care?" She yells back.

"God damn it Bea what is it?" Caleb screams.

"An engagement ring happy?" She yells back. I watch as her mom smiles and her dad and brother glare at me. If looks could kill I swear I would be dead 12 times over already.

"Him" Caleb says pointing at me. I freeze this time. Tris nods her head slowly. Caleb starts running at me and Tris steps in between me and him. I look at her dad who is now smiling at me. He motions for me to follow him and I do, leaving Tris arguing with Caleb and their mother trying to stop them.

"So your the boy Tris has been going crazy for." Mr. Prior says.

"I am sorry sir. I know I should have asked you first for her hand in marriage." I say nervously.

"Don't be its 2015 thats not 'cool' anymore." He says chuckling. I relax a bit.

"I want you to know, that if you hurt her I will hurt you. I will make your life a living hell." He says looking me dead in the eye. I tense again. He laughs and walks away. I walk back to the living room to find Mrs. Prior and Caleb only.

"Son it was nice to see you again, but sadly we must be going. We were only able to stay for a day. Tell Tris we love her." And with that all three of them left. I look around and don't see Tris anywhere. I head to her bedroom. I go to open the door to find it locked.

"Tris honey are you in there?" I ask leaning against the door.

"Leave me alone." She says through sobs.

"Tris whats wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothing, leave me alone." She says crying even harder. I think of a way to get in. I don't want to break the door, but the window is open. I run outside and start climbing the tree. I get to the window and push it open. I hear Tris sobbing. I climb in the window and see her crying with her back against the door. I walk up to her and pick her up. She jumps and then relaxes realizing its me. I sit on the bed, setting her in my lap.

"What wrong, beautiful." I ask kissing her cheek. She jumps up from my lap and stands in front of me.

"Stop calling me that." She yells.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm not beautiful, I'm worthless. Not worth anything. I don't deserve what I have. I ugly, stupid, untalented." She says back. I grab her hand and pull her to me.

"Who told you that." I ask, feeling like I'm about to cry. I hate to see her like this.

"Eric, Peter,...Caleb." She says sitting in my lap, crying on my shoulder.

"Wait, Caleb?" I say. She nods and cries even harder. "You know what. They are all wrong. You are the most beautiful women I have ever seen. You're not worthless, you're priceless. You deserve so much more that what you have. You're beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, smart, and the damn best softball player I have ever seen. And I swear, I will kill those guys the next time I see them. Other than Caleb. Probably not a good thing killing my soon to be brother in law." I say, making her giggle a little. She kisses me. "I love you so much. You're everything to me. Which is why, the reason I couldn't eat lunch with you today is because I went out and got this." I say pulling out a black box. I open it and her eyes light up. I take her left hand and take off the ring she was wearing and put on the knew one. Its a yellow diamond with red diamonds on the band.

"Tobias Eaton." Tris says looking at the ring on her hand.

"It's supposed to be like a softball. The yellow ball and the red stitching. When we actually get married, there's a band that I will wear, that is a simple silver band. But have been engraved in red, to make the actual stitching." I say looking at her. She smiles and kisses me. She pulls away and looks at me.

"I love you." She says smiling.

"I love you too."