Chapter Thirty One: Vision

In the morning, I was so tired from studying and we had our final in Divination. For my final, I had to look into my future with the crystal ball. As I looked into it, green smoke circled and took the form of an apple. The apple cracked like an egg and a black snake hatched from it. The snake lurched at me and the ball rolled off the table. The professor saw the whole incident since she sat across from me and was eager to hear my thoughts.

          "I saw the green apple that bonds Draco and I. It's going to break and I'm to be devoured by a snake," I said with my heart racing.

          Her face lit up and I received a perfect score on my final. I went downstairs to look for the stupid crystal ball. There's no way the bond can break. Was the snake Lilith? Maybe I should see the Malfoy family over summer. At the bottom of the stairs, I was amazed to see the ball was intact without any cracks. Harry saw me and he was waiting for me since he got to take his final before me. Since I was the last one for the day, Harry came back up with me to return the crystal ball to Professor Trelawney. We didn't see the professor but I took Harry's hand when I saw a face forming in the ball after I put it on my table.

          It was a man's voice whispering, "Harry Potter. Ivy Potter."

          We looked at each other and I nearly screamed when Professor Trelawney grabbed me.

          Her voice was hoarse and her eyes were dilated, "He will return tonight. Tonight, he who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots with murder shall break free. Innocent blood shall be spilt and servant and master shall be reunited once more."

          She suddenly started coughing and realized we were there. Harry quickly grabbed me and carried me out of the classroom and back down the staircase. We were both terrified. I was surprised he could carry me over his shoulder down the stairs. He brought me to the Great Hall.

          In the Great Hall, he finally put me down and we went to sit with Hermione and Ron. Scabbers was still missing and I noticed Salem and Crookshanks were pacing around outside together. Buckbeak's appeal failed and he was to be executed tonight. Since Harry and I couldn't go anywhere alone, we asked Hermione to get the Invisibility Cloak where Harry hid it after Draco saw him in Hogsmeade. Since the castle had an early curfew to keep the students safe from Sirius Black, we were going to see Hagrid before it got dark after curfew. I went to Draco and I didn't blame him for what happened with Buckbeak. He already felt guilty so I knew I couldn't hold it against him. I kissed him deeply before I went to the common room with Harry and Ron.

          I changed into my hoodie from Harry and put on my jeans. The socks from Dobby were nice and warm and it helped whenever I wore my leather boots. I kept my jewelry behind and let my hair down. It ended right above my hips and it was a lovely shade of black. My straight hair meant everything to me and I was told that magical strength can be stronger with length of hair. Harry, Ron, and I waited for Hermione to return with the cloak and we snuck out to Hagrid's hut. Once we were out of the castle, we took off the cloak but Ron threw the cloak over me when they saw Draco and his gang. I overheard him joking about donating the stuffed head to the Gryffindor common room. Hermione finally had enough and punched Draco square in the face. His gang ran past me but Draco brushed against me. I think he saw me but he kept running with his gang. I couldn't decide how to feel but Ron took my hand and for the first time, he intertwined his fingers with mine. We were both blushing and we went down the grassy hill together with Hermione and Harry.

          Outside of Hagrid's hut, Buckbeak was laying majestically among the giant pumpkins in the garden. I bowed to him and he allowed me to hug him. Harry rubbed my back as I cried loudly. Hermione knocked on Hagrid's door and Hagrid let us all in. Ron and I stood beside each other and I was next to the open window. Harry stood beside me as well and Hermione found Scabbers in one of Hagrid's milk jugs. Ron happily held his pet but his pet looked distressed. Suddenly, a vase on the table behind me shattered. Harry cried out and rubbed the back of his head. He and I both looked out and realized that the headmaster, minister, and executioner were coming to the hut. We put on the cloak and snuck out the back door. As we shuffled behind the massive gourds, I turned around when I heard a twig snap in the forest. I was not looking forward to another dementor surprise and thankfully, it was nothing. The four of us went up the hill, back to the wooden bridge and we couldn't see Buckbeak with the pumpkins blocking our vision. We did see the executioner's axe as he lifted it and we heard the faint 'thwonk' as it came down. My heart broke and I cried into Ron's neck as he held me with one arm since he was holding Scabbers in his other arm. Harry comforted Hermione.