Chapter 12

"What do you mean?" I blankly stared at him. "You know, what's weird about you is that you say random things like this."

"Mmm, I know."

Or maybe I'm a little careless and don't know what he means...

Aish, I'm stupid.

Jungkook suddenly braked. I screamed and my grip around his waist grew tighter. He turned around and smirked.

"Yah, did you do that on purpose?"

"Maybe..."

I immediately hit him after he said that.

"Agh, agh, ow," he whined. "Stop it~"

"Where are we going?"

"I have no idea..." Jungkook's face suddenly lit up. "I have an idea. First, let's return this bike."

* * *

"Seriously, Jungkook, where are we going?" I asked after we returned the bike. We were now waiting at a bus stop.

"You'll see, and can't you just call me 'oppa' for once?" he pouted. "I'm sick of hearing you say 'Jungkook'."

"Too bad. I can call you 'Kookie' if you want me to."

He pouted again.

"Fine, oppa. Happy?"

He nodded and got into the bus. I followed and sat down next to him. About fifteen to twenty minutes later, we got off.

I glared at him. "Yah, isn't this Myeongdong?"

"Yeah, why? Is there something wrong?"

"Myeongdong is so far away from homeee..."

"Just relax~ Today's a day to have fun, alright? C'mon!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me while running.

"Yah, yah, yah. Slow down!"

"This is hardcore exercising right here!" he joked.

"HARDCORE EXERCISING MY A-"

"Cathy Wang, don't you dare curse, or else."

"What? Hm?"

He stopped running and started tickling me. "A punishment like this would happen."

"STOP IT. Let's just do whatever you want to do. Just don't tickle me." I slapped his hands away.

We came across a stand where this ahjumma was selling accessories. I stopped to look at the necklaces.

"These are so cute..." I mumbled to myself as I touched a necklace with a star.

"Hello, Miss, Mister. Does this interest you? I recommend these two." she smiled, handing me two necklaces, one a key and the other a heart. "It's the key to your heart."

"Ah, I think you've got this all wrong." I said. "We're not a cou-"

"Wae? These look nice." Jungkook spoke up. "How much is it?"

"25,000 won for both."

Jungkook gave her 30,000 won. "Keep the change." He smiled. The lady smiled back and bowed.

"May you two last long."

After we walked away from her, I glared at Jungkook. "Yah, why did you accept the lie that we're a couple?"

"Why can't I?" He smirked. "The necklaces are nice, to be honest." I nodded in agreement. They are, actually. "Here."

He leaned towards me and looked over my shoulder, putting the necklace on.