Chapter 8

"Will you be my date to the dance?"

"Ne?" I stared at Jungkook, surprised at what he had just said.

"I said—" he started to say it again but louder this time.

"I heard you. Don't attract attention from your crazy fangirls." I quickly covered his mouth.

"Will you? If you don't say anything in the next five seconds, I'll ask even louder, and maybe even kiss you on the cheek." he smirked. "5, 4, 3, 2..."

"ARASSEO! Do I have to answer immediately though?"

"Alright. Get ready before 5 p.m. on Friday. It's a night dance so wear a cardigan or something." Jungkook started walking away.

"Yah, I asked a question." I grabbed his arm.

"The first thing you said was 'arasseo'. That means you're going to go with me, right?"

"Nope."

"I'm using sarcasm. Take your time for all I care." he shrugged his shoulders. "Let's go to first period."

* * *

"That reminds me, do you even have any dresses?" Bum Hye asked me.

"If I'm not a type of girl who usually wears dresses, what do you think?"

"Makeover time." she smirked. "On Thursday though, because it's only Tuesday."

I put my arms up in the form of an 'x'. "Nope."

"C'mon. You have to at least get a dress. It's the dress code. You know... Formal?"

"Yeah, I get that. Just don't change me into anything I'm not." I glared. "For example, makeup."

"Don't even worry about it..."

"That sounded sarcastic." 

"I'm not kidding!" she defended.

"Better not be kidding."

"I wonder what Cathy would look like in a dress though." Seokjin coughed and looked at Jungkook.

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing." 

"You looked at me."

"Don't ask, I just looked at you for no reason." Seokjin smirked a little.

We continued walking, but I felt like something was missing. I looked behind us. Jin and Jungkook stopped and were standing there talking. I walked up to them and said, "Let's go guys, why are you just standing here?"

"Uh... Reasons." Seokjin smiled. I looked at him suspiciously, but let it go.

Jungkook's POV

"Hyung, you know, don't you?" I asked Seokjin after I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Know what? I don't know what you're talking about," he answered.

"You know, huh? Tell me. Be honest to your dongsaeng. How did you figure out?"

"That you like Cathy? Mmm... I knew that since... her birthday? Or before." 

My jaw dropped. "How?"

"Well... It was pretty obvious when she hugged you. You seemed really embarrassed and sort of turned red. You also live with her, right?"

My jaw dropped again. "Who, what, when, where, why, how," I joked.

"It was also obvious because one, why would your parents know her, and two, you used to hate her. You've changed, Jeon Jungkook. You've changed a lot in just a matter of a few weeks."