Chapter 2

Brown had her head bent and was rummaging through her bag for the novel she picked from her mom's library. She was oblivious to the turmoil in the airport until she bumped into an approaching person.

Brown bent down to pick up her novel expecting the person who bumped into her to apologize. The expected apology  never came but a rather curt "Watch where you're going" made Brown lift her head.

The first thought that hit her was "damn he's hot" but she quickly hid her surprise and rose up from her bent position. Something she shouldn't have done because it only highlighted how short she was in comparison to the stranger.

The man standing before her was the perfect definition of handsome and he had a touch of otherworldly charm to him. Brown wouldn't have argued with anyone who chose to call him the half brother of the devil himself.

Although he was dressed in casual clothes, he exuded a certain grace and elegance from within and was enough to explain his noble bearings. His honey brown hair had been combed to perfection and his tall frame completely towered over Brown. His features boadered between Greek and Italian making one unsure of his origins .

Brown was busily sizing him up until her brown eyes met that of his piercing gray ones when a shiver shot through her spine. She'd forgotten how rude he was until he opened his cinnabar lips again, "Good dogs don't block the way". His deep and husky voice laced with a thick Italian accent would have strongly appealed to Brown except that his choice of words were too infuriating.

"Excuse me?" Brown asked in  through gritted teeth.

"You heard me out of my way or are you deaf too?" He didn't bother to hide his distaste at Brown's stunned face. Brown let out an incredulous gasp and stared at the stranger speechlessly. She could never have imagined that such a devilishly handsome and graceful man would be so ill mannered and insensible .

In all her years of living Brown wasn't one to eat a loss and was very fond of saying whatever that was on her mind . There was no way she was going to let the insult slide. Without any further thoughts, she glared at the stranger and jabbed her forefinger at him.

" Who the hell do you think you are? You bumped into me, don't apologize and you have the nerve to call me a deaf person and a dog. Well I think you're the blind one here for failing to see me coming. Now out of my sight before I actually turn into a rabid dog."

By the end of her rant, her chest was heaving up and down due to the lack of air .She closed her eyes to take in a deep breath just in time to miss the look of surprise that flashed across the stranger's eye. Brown was grateful that there were a lot of people at the airport which made her rant go virtually unnoticed.

The stranger was about to retort when his phone rang. He took out his phone, a glared hard at Brown and brushed past her bumping his shoulder against hers. It was at that moment when she caught a whiff of his expensive cologne . Brown felt that the fragrance was oddly familiar but as much as she tried she couldn't recall where it came from. Brown felt that his actions were expected since he was obviously an insanely rich brat.

She found out that she'd made the right decision to sit in the business seat instead of the first class cabin when she saw the annoying Greek-Italian headed to the first class cabin. Brown wondered how she would have survived the flight in the same space with such a ill mannered human being.

She settled in her seat and smiled at the old woman she was going to share her space with. She began to wonder how she was going to survive in Italy with Lacy and Kent around her. She had accepted the invite knowing very well that Lacy had only invited her to mock her but she decided to go anyways just to get rid of any residual feelings she might have.

For the first time since Brown accepted the invitation, she was unsure about her decision to attend the wedding.