Chapter 6

~ Difficult days come to shape you for the better days ahead so never lose hope~

Carena12

....….......…...................................................

  The Villa Anna sat on a beautiful stretch of land . Surrounded by  breathtaking nature in all forms , it was by far the largest and most sought after Villa in the entire city. On entering the gates of the villa, one could experience the imposing feel it gave off .

  The structure of the villa looked like it came directly from the pages of a history book, one that bore the wonderful architecture of  ancient Rome . It's interior design on the other hand was that of modern Italian design with subtle touches of Greek designs here and there and they all came to create a wonderful balance of beauty and splendor.

   Brown stood  facing Alessio in the villa's grand patio with a confused look on her face. They were overlooking a glassy lake surrounded by a lot of wildflowers which created a scene that could stop a person in his tracks but Brown was in no mood to appreciate the beauty surrounding her.

   She had called her father to inform him about the turn of events after she left Lacy's banquet and Cameron had been hoping mad at Lacy's nerve to turn his beloved daughter out and that too in a foreign country. It  took all the coaxing and assuring Brown could muster to calm down his raging temper. Ten minutes after the call, Cameron called her back to inform her that a certain Mr. Damiani had offered to let her stay at his villa for the duration of the wedding and the subsequent days.

  Considering the fact that the said person was her father's business partner and the hint of respect in Cameron's tone when he was speaking about him , Brown had assumed that her new guardian would be around Cameron's age or even older than him only to get there and meet that annoying Greek-Italian stranger she had bumped into at  the airport.

  Brown glared hard at Alessio   "You're that rude guy at the airport" she stated which made Allesio raise his eyebrows amusedly.

  He wasn't a man who believed in fate and coincidences.  He always believed that everything that happened in this world was planned  but the sight of the little daredevil infront of him got him thinking.

  He'd been thinking of ways to find out more about the little daredevil when he received Cameron's call asking him to send someone to fetch his daughter and help her get settled in one of his numerous hotels for the time being.  It was then that he received the contents of the details he had asked for from his chauffeur.

  His surprise was no less than Brown's when he saw that the file was full of her pictures. It was at that moment that it dawned on him that the little daredevil was actually Cameron Hudgens' daughter.

  He was also suprised at the fact that she seemed totally different from what the papers said about her two years ago. His first impression of her had been a beautiful down to earth woman who expressed her opinions without caring what others thought of her and not a plain Jane with a princess mentality. He concluded that her stay in rehab might have done her good after all. So he had them bring her to his manor instead of letting her stay in one of his hotels.

  " Your point?" He asked referring to Brown's statement.

  Brown willed herself to calm down and not jump into conclusions before asking cautiously " You don't happen to be Mr Damiani do you?". She crossed her fingers hoping it wasn't so.

   " Well if you're looking for the Mr Damiani who offered you a place to stay, then that's me alright". 

A smile was threatening to break out on his face when he saw the defeated look on her face. She looked like a child who's chocolate had been snatched just before it entered her mouth.

" Aren't you going to thank me?". He asked with a hint of triumph in his voice.

   Brown muttered a string of curses under her breath at his question before saying " Since my father has entrusted me to your care, not that I can't take care of myself,  I reluctantly stay here seeing as you have such a beautiful home".

   Alessio remembered the information he'd heard from Mr Rinko and asked suspiciously " You're not here to ruin the wedding are you?.  I could help you with that".

  Before she could reply he glanced at his wrist watch and said " In as much as I'd love to banter with you, I have business to attend to so let me show you your room". He couldn't understand why people lost their sanity to a feeling they called love.

  It was then that Brown realized he was clad in a black suit with a black shirt underneath. He looked a little different from what he looked like at the airport with casual clothes on and his aura was much colder as well. Just like the ruthless business man he was.

Brown followed him as she resigned herself to her fate . They made their way through the the glass doors towards the guest wing of the villa. Brown was distracted for a moment as she slowed down her pace to admire the paintings and intricate designs on the walls. She couldn't deny that Alessio had good taste in design but she wasn't going to tell him that. He had enough ego as it was and she didn't want to inflate it .

  She got so caught up in her staring that she didn't realize that he had stopped until her head bumped into his back. She reeled from the impact and glared at Allesio as tears formed in her eyes. He did not seem to notice and gave her a mocking smile " Why do I get the feeling that you enjoy bumping into me?".

  Brown tried to cover up her embarrassment " Don't flatter yourself you're not that attractive" .

Alessio's smile deepened at her words and for a moment Brown felt that  strange sense of familiarity again. The sound of approaching feet broke her train of thoughts and she turned to see an immaculately dressed old man approaching them. He was followed by two young ladies in a beautiful rose pink uniforms. Brown deduced from the way they carried themselves that the old man was a butler and the two ladies we're maids.

  The trio stopped in front of Brown and Alessio and the butler gave Brown a polite nod before turning to Allesio. He gave Allesio a bow and the two maids curtsied after him . They all stood waiting for for orders.

  Alessio began talking to the butler in swift Italian and Brown tried hard not to focus on attractive his voice sounded when he was rattling his native language.

  He turned to her when he finished speaking to the butler " My butler will show you around and help you settle in. I've got business to attend to" . With that he gave her a nod and left in large strides.

  Brown didn't have time to point out that she said he would show her the room himself. The old butler regarded her seriously for awhile before he made a motion with his hand and stated politely " This way miss".