A Commission

A/N: I thought that I already published this chapter, but I guess not.

No One's POV

Beidou and (Y/N) have been in Monstadt for about ten days and the two finally got their first commission that would pay them. They were walking across the bridge as they were accompanied by Barbara and Bennet. Beidou looked very happy as she had a pep in her step, "Finally we get to see some action." Bennet was looking at a piece of paper, "All we have to do is take down a hilichurl camp on top of small mountain. A few merchants have been ambushed or shot at by the hilichurls. Beidou punched her palm, "Alright, so just get rid of a few hilichurls and we get paid." Bennet and Beidou were ahead of the other two. (Y/N) was walking next to Barbara for the young lady to notice something, "(Y/N), you don't have to match my stride. I'll be able to keep up." (Y/N) looked down at her, "It's best if we stay close together in pairs, so that none of us get ambushed. So I don't mind staying behind with you." Barbara smiled at (Y/N) as her cheeks became a little pink, "Well okay. I guess we could play a game until we get there then.' "What game?" Barbara looked around, "I spy something red."

The group soon reached a mountain for Beidou to look up at the edge, "Well we could walk around to where the mountain is low enough to just walk up to the camp, or we could climb up to have the advantage of surprise." (Y/N) was the first to voice his opinion, "I think that we should climb." Bennet nodded, "It is the best option." Barbara agreed with other two, "I like the idea." Beidou nodded after hearing the others, "Then it's settled. Let's get to climbing." Before they started Bennet spoke up, "I should go first." Beidou looked down at him, "Why is that?" "Well, you see, I have terrible bad luck. So if I'm in front you or (Y/N) could catch me if I fall." "If you'll feel safer then be my guest." Bennet started climbing for Beidou to follow. (Y/N) noticed Barbara looking a little nervous, "Is everything okay?" Barbara gave a nervous smile, "I'm not the greatest at climbing, and I'm not exactly wearing the right clothes to do so."

(Y/N) thought for a second to face away from Barbara and crouch, "Hop on." Barbara blushed a little, "Wh- What?" "If you get on my back I can get us to the top of the mountain quicker." Barbara hesitated a little to put her arms around (Y/N)'s neck, wrap her legs around his waist, and cling onto his back. (Y/N) stood up to begin climbing the side of the mountain. He was going pretty fast for Barbara to cling onto him tighter to feel how strong he was. His pecks were as hard as a rock while she saw his biceps flex every time he pulled himself up. Her cheeks became even more red. At that time Bennet's foot slipped making him fall. Beidou reacted quickly and grabbed Bennet's arm as he fell. Bennet grabbed a part of the mountain and regained his footing, "Thanks." Beidou continued to climb, "No problem. Just watch where you step next time." The group continued to climb to soon reach the top.

When they were standing on solid ground once again Barbara hopped off of (Y/N)'s back. The group saw two hilichurl archer towers as a single hilichurl with a crossbow was on each of them. The towers were close to them behind the hilichurl camp. In the middle of the towers was a group of hilichurls. Some had flaming clubs, others had staffs signifying that they were using magic, and two big hilichurls with shields. They had not noticed the group yet, so they took advantage of that. Beidou started climbing one of the towers as (Y/N) climbed the one opposite of it. The two soon reached the top to hit their small enemies knocking them down. When they hit the ground the siblings jumped off to use a plunge attack to finish the archers.

This caught the attention of the others as they charged at the group. Bennet made a barrier to help his allies, as they all felt stronger. Beidou was in front as she used her skill to block all of the attacks and send a giant wave of electricity back at them. As the hilichurls had electricity surrounding them (Y/N) jumped high in the air to slam his sword down creating a wave of water to to come out of the ground and come down on the enemies. This made the hilichurls electro-charged as all of the small ones were knocked down as the big guys were knocked back. The small hilichurls stayed down leaving only the big guys. Beidou and (Y/N) made quick work of them for the two to take a breather, but (Y/N)'s right ear perked up.

The sound of an arrow going through the air was heard for (Y/N) to quickly run towards Barbara. He picked her up and turned his back to have an arrow pierce his side. One of the archers had survived and tried to take out the nun. Beidou quickly finished him as (Y/N) was still holding Barbara, "Are you okay?" Barbara nodded, "Yes I'm fine." She then looked at (Y/N)'s side, "What about you?!" "I'll be fine. It's nothing I haven't dealt with before." Barbara jumped out of (Y/N)'s arms to grab the arrow with both of her hands, "Take a deep breathe." (Y/N) did so for Barbara to quickly pull the arrow out making (Y/N) wince. Barbara quickly began healing the man's wound as water covered it. Not soon after the wound disappeared for Barbara to look up at (Y/N), "Do you feel better?" "It feels like nothing hit me." The nun smiled, "Ah, good." Beidou walked up to the rest of the group, "It looks like all of the hilichurls are taken care of. Let's head home before night comes. It would be harder to travel when we can't see anything." Everyone else nodded, so they all started heading back. As they walked back Beidou and Bennet were in front. Beidou looked behind her to see (Y/N) and Barbara walking side by side as Barbara was smiling with cheeks a little flushed. She also saw (Y/N)'s tail wag back and forth. She looked ahead of her again to smile a little.