Becoming 18

No One's POV

(Y/N) stood next to Beidou as her ship was making it's way to port. When they reached Liyue's docks they threw out boards that had one end land on the docks, as the other end was prompted up on the ship. The crew made their way down as they held valuable goods such as rice, wheat, and ore. Beidou and (Y/N) headed towards some of the market places to bargain for good prices for what they had brought back from their trip. As they were walking a man walked up to (Y/N), "I have a letter for you from Monstadt." He handed (Y/N) the letter for Beidou to look at it, "What number is this now? Like fifteen or twenty?" (Y/N) put the letter in his pocket, "Twenty-secondth I think. It has been four months." They continued to walk to the market district.

A few hours later the two sold most of what they and their crew had gathered. They got a lot of mora which will mostly go to food, water, and alcohol for the crew, along with future repairs for the ship. Beidou was sitting at the dining room table eating dinner for (Y/N) to be sitting across from her. He started reading Barbara's letter for Beidou to notice (Y/N)'s tail wagging back and forth as his ears were perked up. Beidou smirked, "Enjoying the letter from your little girlfriend." (Y/N) nodded, "Yes I am." As he read Beidou noticed her brother's eyes widened a little as he smiled, "Barbara's birthday is in just a few days, and she wants me to come visit to celebrate." "So the nun is becoming a woman. We should head out tomorrow morning." "Really? What about the next voyage?" "It's a short trip. I'm sure the crew can handle their own." "Are you sure?" "Of course. A young man should see his girlfriend on her birthday." Beidou saw (Y/N)'s cheeks become a little red as he smiled again.

A Few Days Later

Barbara was in Monstadt standing with Amber as they were in front of the Barbados statue. They were looking over at the rest of Monstadt for Amber to be looking around, "So are you excited for becoming a full grown adult?" Barbara was looking at the entrance of Monstadt, "Yes I am very excited. I'm a little scared though." "I know how you feel. When I turned eighteen I thought that a lot of things would change, but life was actually just about the same as before." As they were talking Barbara's eyes sparkled as she gained a huge smile, "He's here!" Amber looked at where Barbara was looking, "Who's here?" Barbara was already quickly making her way down the large set of stairs. (Y/N) looked around as he recognized most of what he saw.

He then heard a very familiar voice, "(Y/N)!" The young man became excited as he saw Barbara run towards him, "Barbara." The nun stopped in front of (Y/N) to look up at him, "You're here sooner than I thought you would be." "Well I just couldn't wait to see you." Barbara blushed as she brought her left hand behind her back, as he right hand was balled in a fist as she hid her mouth behind her hand, "I- I couldn't wait to see you too." Beidou enjoyed seeing the two awkwardly talk to each other as they were both becoming more and more flustered. As they were talking Barbara thought of something, "Oh I want to show you the flowers that just bloomed next to the Barbados statue." "I would love to see them." (Y/N) took Barbara's hand, "Lead the way." Barbara's face became even more red, "O- Okay." Beidou watched them walk away as they walked side by side.

They made it to the Barbados statue for Barbara to show (Y/N) all of the newly bloomed flowers. They were both crouching as Barbara picked a red flower to hand it to (Y/N), "I think that these are really pretty." (Y/N) took the flower, "It is, but it's not as pretty as you." Steam came out of Barbara's head as she hid her face with her pigtails, 'A lot of people in my fan club say that I'm pretty, so why am I like this when he says it?' She then felt (Y/N)'s hand on her head. She looked up to see him smiling, 'That's right. It's because-' She then buried her face into (Y/N)'s chest, 'I love him.' Amber was standing a few feet away as she saw the two, 'I'm gonna get cavities watching those two.'

A Few Days Later

Everyone who knew Barbara was at Diluc's tavern as they had set up a party for Barbara. They had set up a long table that had a bunch of food set along the table, as well as wine glasses and bottles of wine scattered across the table. Everyone was quiet until they saw Jean walk in with Barbara right behind her. Everyone cheered, "Happy Birthday!" Barbara was very surprised as she had a surprised and happy look on her face, "What is all of this?" Jean turned around to be facing Barbara with everyone else, "It's all for you. You are very important to Monstadt, so we all wanted to make sure that your eighteenth birthday was special." "I don't deserve all of this." Amber stepped forward, "Of course you do. Now let's celebrate!" Everyone started celebrating for Barbara to eat a few things. At one point Rosaria gave Barbara a glass of wine, since it was legal to drink wine at eighteen.

A few hours later everyone was heading home for (Y/N) to be carrying Barbara on his back. Barbara's face was red as she was constantly smiling. She pinched (Y/N)'s arms,, "Hehe. You're really strong (Y/N)." (Y/N) continued to walk, 'She only had one glass of wine and she's almost as drunk as Beidou when she drinks an entire barrel.' He made it to Barbara's home to lay her down on her bed. He put a blanket over her for Barbara to look at him, "I want a goodnight kiss." (Y/N) kissed her forehead to then try to leave, but Barbara grabbed his hand, "Don't go." The young man thought for a second to sit next to Barbara's bed to where his back was against the wall.

They continued to hold hands until Barbara fell asleep. (Y/N) stayed beside her to caress Barbara's cheek. Barbara snuggled into (Y/N)'s touch as she smiled. She the spoke in her sleep, "Please don't go...." (Y/N) whispered, "I won't go Barbara." "Please don't go back to Liyue." (Y/N) was a little hesitant, "If that's what you want." Barbara continued to snore for (Y/N) to go to sleep.

The Next Morning

Barbara woke up to rub her eyes. She stood up to let out a yawn as she stretched. She smelled something good to walk into the kitchen, "(Y-Y/N)!" The boyfriend looked at the small lady, "Good morning Barbara. I made you some eggs. Their good to have if you drank the night before." Barbara took a seat to begin eating, "Thank you. Um, what happened last night?" "You got tipsy so I brought you home. I thought it would be safer if someone was with you if needed something, so I stayed." (Y/N) sat next to Barbara for the nun to look at him, "So how much longer do you plan on staying?" "Oh I'm staying. I plan on trying to become a knight." "What, why?" "Because I want to stay with you, and do normal couple things." The man noticed Barbara tearing up, "I- I'm sorry, what did I do to make you cry?" Barbara quickly hugged (Y/N), which almost made (Y/N) fall over, "I love you (Y/N). I love you so much." (Y/N) hugged Barbara back, "I love you too Barbara."