Preparing

It's 6am in the morning. Y/N is walking by the many yachts laying in the Monte Carlo Marina waiting for the day to start. In just a few hours, it wil be busier than ever. 

This weekend, it's the Monaco Grand Prix so a lot of people are here to watcht the race on today. Y/N is not there to watch the race. Y/N's company was hired by Ferrari to organise and cater their race day party.

Y/N needs to make sure that everything will go smoothly and the event is perfect. This could really make or break her career as event planner. The morning of the race, Y/N is busy getting the yacht ready for the event. She is in the middle of arranging the flowers when she gets a phone call from one of the servers. 

'Hello, this is Cato' she answers, still working on the flowers with her one free hand. 

"Hi Cato, it's Lucas.. I am very sorry but I uhm.. I won't be able to come in today. I woke up feeling horrible. I just came back from my doctor and he put on bedrest. He thinks it's the flu but he took a covid test just to be sure. I feel so bad that I have to let you down like this."

Y/N falls silent for a minute and stops what she is doing. She can feel a slight panic attack coming up.

"Y/N, are you there?" asks Lucas.
'Yes, sorry Lucas. You don't need to apologise, I know you would only call in sick if you're feeling absolutely horrendous. You take all the rest you need. We will be fine! Your health is more important.'
"Thank you Y/N, you're the best!"
'Get well soon Lucas!' she says and she hangs up.

For a minute she just stands there, not knowing what to do. She already had a million things on het mind and now one of het absolute best servers is sick and she is short staffed. She quickly pulls herself together and starts calling everybody she knows. 

After calling almost every contact in her phone, she realises it is hopeles. How the hell will she finds someone to fill in for Lucas this last minute.. ON RACE DAY.. 

She can feel the tears coming down her face. She wipes them away and thinks about what her mother always used to tell her whenever she was feeling down. 'you only fail when you stop trying'. She gets up, gets herself together and continues the preparations.

'I will just have to do it myself then'. She thinks. 

Y/N continues getting the yacht ready and takes one final look at it before she leaves to get ready. She did it, she f*cking did it. Deep down, she's very proud of her work.

Her face lights up and she has the biggest smile on her face while walking back to her hotel.