Chapter 4

We walk outside and Ezrah comes running up to me. 'Pfew, luckily she was in a good mood today.' Kathy takes off my handcuffs and says, ''Tomorrow we'll teach you the different tasks you have to take on here in Onil. ' I think I l look a little confused because she says, ''That's the village you're in right now.'' I nod. Starting from here, my new life outside of Panem begins. The people from the Capitol don't have the courage to go searching for me again. They are afraid of everything outside of the beautiful streets of the Capitol. No one knows what is left outside of Panem after the nuclear war. After the war, a special force field was built around the borders of Panem so that no one could die from the radiation. They assume that everything is destroyed and that no one can come back alive if you cross the border. Apparently it's not too bad how the people here have suffered from the nuclear war. I'm going to ask them sometime how they survived.

We walk outside and Ezrah comes running up to me. 'Pfieuw, luckily she was in a good mood today.' Kathy takes off my handcuffs and says ''Tomorrow we'll teach you the different tasks you have to take on here in Onil. ' I look I think a little confused because she says ''That's our village where you are now.'' I nod. From here, my new life outside of Panem begins. The people from the Capitol don't dare to go looking for me again. They are afraid of everything outside the beautiful streets of the Capitol. No one knows what is left outside Panem after the nuclear war. After the nuclear war, a special force field was built around the borders of Panem so that no one could die from the radiation. They assume that everything has been destroyed and that no one can come back alive if you have crossed the border. Apparently it's not too bad how badly people here suffered from the nuclear war. I'm going to ask them sometime how they survived. 'Before you start work tomorrow, we'll celebrate you being a new member of the group. We'll do that together at the bar,' Kathy says. It is still afternoon but I need a drink. Everyone responds enthusiastically and we walk towards the center. We enter and there I see all the people I knew from my trip and a few more strangers. A deafening cheer enters my ears. What a difference all at once. Before I went to the boss a few treated me like a piece of dirt and now I am treated like a full member of the group. I enter the bar and it is an old saloon with a band on a stage and a long bar. It smells like beer in there. A glass of beer is pressed into my hands and everyone looks at me with expectance. I drink it in one go and everyone cheers and gets on with their business. Along with Kathy and Ezrah and a few more people, I am going to do a drinking game called ride the bus. They introduce themselves to me Hunter, Thomas and Clara. Hunter is a handsome boy with blue eyes and short blond hair. We go on and the booze starts to kick in a little. Ezrah joins a few other guys and Hunter goes outside to smoke. I stay and talk to Kathy for a while and then I say "I'm going to go outside, get some fresh air. There Hunter is standing in the moonlight smoking. He sees me coming and says 'Do you know you are a very pretty girl?' I laugh, 'Yeah sure. You're not ugly either you know.' He chuckles. 'I do know a nicer place to look at the stars. Will you come? I hesitate and I go back into the bar.

As I walk back into the bar I see a few people playing in a band. I recognize a few people and Avery is singing a song. Kathy comes up to me 'Do you like music?' She paused "I play the flute myself but that's for another time.' She says with a smile. "Do you play an instrument?' 'Yeah, I had a little band with friends from home. I played the guitar and sung there.' As I say it, I feel a pain in my heart. I miss them. Kathy seems to see my pain and says 'come let's dance and forget about everything for a while.' She grabs my hand and pulls me to the dancefloor. The rhythm of the songs catches on and we start getting lost in the music. And just for that moment I was happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey Guys, it's been a while. To be honest I completely forgot about this story. But are y'all enjoying this story or not? And do you have any wishes as to where to go with this story ;) I have no inspiration ;)