momentum

momentum is the motivation an object has towards its intended target

—————

Harry gave (Y/N) his number. She had asked for it.

It had been two days since the interaction outside of Stanfill's room and Harry doesn't think his smile has waned once in that time. While he hadn't heard from her yet—other than a short message just to confirm she had the right contact for him—just the fact she had a way to contact him at all made his heart skip a beat.

He'd had a crush on her from the second she and her friend picked seats right in front of him that first day of syllabus week. When her blonde friend suddenly stopped showing up, Harry readily stole the seat beside her after taking a week to pluck up the courage and take advantage of all the free pep talks Mitch was willing to give him. He never imagined that she would talk to him for more than three seconds, let alone set up study sessions and ask for his number.

Even seeing her today in their physics course held a different air. He typically saw her through a dreamy haze anyway, but something had shifted during that ninety minute lecture. A wall that had been built on the premise that they were nothing more than polite seatmates had been knocked down, leaving a gateway for Harry to peek at her with a rose tinted lens coloring his vision. He was trying not to get too far ahead of himself, especially since there was nothing even set up for the tutoring sessions he offered her, but it was easy to get carried away in the possibilities of what might be if he was given the chance.

All he needed was for her to message him.

—————

if it isn't too short notice, maybe we could meet up tomorrow morning at the campus library????? if not that's okay I just want to get in as much study time as we can before that exam next week!!

(Y/N) pressed send on her text to Harry, not even having time to tuck it away before it buzzed in her hand.

Harry S. (physics)

thats perfect! I can do 10am if that works for you? I'll save us a table and bring my notes and everything too! Thank you!

A smile spread over her features without permission as she read over his text. Harry was entirely too cute to be fair; he was thanking her for letting him tutor her when it should be the other way around since he was the one actually doing a service. Nonetheless, she was endeared at how excited he was to help her no matter if it were one-on-one sessions or letting her copy off his notes for a lecture or two.

i'll see you then!! thank you!!

Flicking her gaze to the time displayed in the top corner of her phone, (Y/N) already had an excuse at the ready to let her disappear into her room for a couple hours. If she had it right, there should be a stream tonight in a few minutes that was becoming a source of well-needed stress relief for her and she didn't want to miss it. Even if Ny was staying in tonight.

"I think I'm gonna go through some of my physics stuff," she sighed, sitting from the cuddled position she took on the corner of the couch, "I finally have a tutoring session tomorrow and I don't want him to think I'm a complete dumbass."

Ny perked up at the mention of a him. "Is it Harry? The guy who's tutoring you?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "We're going to meet up tomorrow at the library."

She watched as Ny's face fell at the timing of her plans, "Wait, does that mean you're missing Willa's birthday party tomorrow?"

"No," she laughed, "Why would I set up a study session at ten at night? Besides, it's tomorrow morning, so I'll be back with plenty of time to still go to the party."