impulse

impulse is an interfering force that changes an object's course

—————

"Do you know what you're doing tonight? Did he tell you or is it a surprise?"

Ny's rattling of questions worked as (Y/N)'s soundtrack as she made minor adjustments to her outfit and makeup. (Y/N) smiled at her roommate sprawled out over her bed in her mirror as she fluffed the pair of half-up pigtails that crowned her head.

"He's taking me to a movie and dinner, I think. But, I don't know what movie we're going to. He wanted to keep that part a secret."

Ny gave her a puppy pout, dropping her head to rest on her crossed arms with her feet kicking in the air. "Stop, that's so sweet, you're kidding."

"I know," (Y/N) cooed, dabbing an extra swipe of gloss over her lips, "He told me he wanted to take me on a 'proper' date."

"He's so cute," Ny bubbled, glancing at her phone as a text came in, "What time is he supposed to be here? It's almost seven-thirty."

"Not for another ten minutes," she mused, tugging on the high waist of her pants while twisting in the mirror, "He said he'd text me when he was here."

"Are you excited?"

"I'm so excited, are you kidding?" (Y/N) smiled, tightening the bow on her top that tied the whole shirt together, "I can't believe he even asked me out, especially with the way he was acting a couple of weeks ago."

"I told you he liked you."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes though she had to fight to keep her smile from growing, "I know. But, it doesn't matter now because everything worked out just fine."

She heard Ny in the background, singing under her breath I told you so! but she paid her no mind. While pulling on her white leather boots, her phone went off in her cherub painted back pocket. Her heart rate kicked up when she realized who would be on the other side of the notification. With shaky hands, she plucked her phone from her pocket and swiped open the message thread.

Harry

I'm here!:)

"Is that him?"

Ny jumped up from where she laid on (Y/N) bed, ushering to her side in an effort to peek over her shoulder.

She nodded her head as she rolled her lips nervously between her teeth. "He said he's here."

"Is he coming up?"

"I don't know, should I go down there?"

"Well, what did he say?"

"He just said he's here with a smiley face!"

"Then go down there! He's probably waiting for you!"

A sense of nervous panic took over (Y/N) as Ny laughed out her answer. She'd been so excited to see him (and she still was, of course), but now that he was here she couldn't stop the way her lungs squeezed and her mind was blank. Nothing was processing aside from the sound of her blood rushing in her ears with each pump. Suddenly, she found that her hair was mussed, the bell sleeves of her shirt were wrinkled beyond repair, and her shoes no longer complimented her outfit.

"Do I look okay? Am I forgetting anything?" she bubbled off, stress tinting her voice. Her hands fluttered over her clothes before counting off on her fingers if she had everything she needed in her bag before she left.

"You look perfect, and you're not forgetting anything just go!" Ny urged her out of the bedroom and towards the front door, "And send me your location when you get to the cinema!"