reflection

a reflection causes waves to change direction before returning to its origin

—————

(Y/N) felt awful.

Just a day short of being a week since she had shared the fact she knew his secret, Harry had done an incredible job of avoiding and ignoring her. She had called and texted him more than a handful of times, asking for a moment to speak to him and let him know how she felt or at the very least apologize for ambushing him in the middle of class like that. No response was garnered each time.

She even tried mimicking his routine, getting to class early on Monday in hopes of catching him. But, as if Harry knew she had her own plan brewing, he made a point to show up just before Stanfill started lecture, sitting in a seat on the other side of the room closest to an exit. He even adopted the habit of packing up minutes before dismissal so he was able to flee immediately following Stanfill's permission, making it impossible for (Y/N) to catch him before he was gone. Knowing it wasn't a good idea, (Y/N) even peeked on his cam-page, only to find that he had announced a brief break from his streams for the next couple of weeks; he cited being too busy to keep up, but vowed to post extra premium content when he made his return.

It felt like (Y/N)'s entire body adopted an aching cold when she read that. She ached in her joints and feared a throbbing in her head as she deflated before closing the page. She hadn't anticipated a reaction like the one he was giving, and nothing broke her heart more than the fact he was so upset that he had stopped doing his job; this was how he made his money and she had somehow embarrassed him enough into keeping him from putting food on his table.

All she wanted to do was tell him that she didn't think any less of him, that her reaction stemmed from nothing but shock. She didn't feel negatively at all about what he did to take care of himself (she was one of the many viewers who tuned in anyway, so she didn't think she had much say in whether or not it was wrong). She wanted to tell him she was sorry for the way she went about telling him, that she knew she should have waited until they were alone before she brought up something so personal. She wanted to tell him that, if he'd still have her, she wanted to be with him, no matter what he did in his free time.

She just wanted to talk to him.

—————

Sitting in her car, (Y/N) wasn't sure if her hands were sweaty from the ultra high heat that was coming through her vents or the fact that she was parked outside Harry's apartment complex.

After yesterday, when Harry had once again dodged her and quashed any chance of her making amends after lecture, she had broken down and confessed to Ny why she had been so blue for the past week. (Y/N) kept the details close to her chest (Harry's business wasn't something she was willing to share), but spilled to her roommate that she and Harry had gotten into a fight—that was more of a misunderstanding than anything—and he'd been avoiding her since. Ny allowed her to cry out her feelings, stinging tears slipping down (Y/N)'s cheeks through the frustration and guilt that was filling up her system. When she finished, Naomi allowed (Y/N) a moment to breathe before offering her advice.

"You need to go see him. At the very least, you'll get out what you need to say and you'll feel better."

When (Y/N) protested at the thought, Ny cut her off swiftly, her gaze calm and collected.

"The worst that can happen is that he doesn't answer you or talk—and it's not like that hasn't happened already."

(Y/N) had spent the rest of the night and the majority of her lazy Saturday morning processing her roommate's advice. Maybe it was more for her than for Harry, but she wanted him to know that he had taken her reaction the wrong way, and that she supported him no matter his profession.