prolog

"You have been diagnosed with cancer."

It's been 6 months since she received the diagnosis, but it still feels surreal to her. She has always been a very healthy person, or so she thought.

But the harsh reality is that she only has about a year left to live. Life is ironic, isn't it? Just yesterday she was living a healthy life, and today she finds herself lying in a hospital bed, alone, in a country she never imagined she would be in.

South Korea.

She never anticipated coming here, especially not in this condition. But life is unpredictable, isn't it?

She's always lived her life going with the flow, but this is too much for her to handle. How can she go with the flow when the current is so painful?

As she gazes at the sunset, she realizes that she's been on the rooftop for longer than usual. It's not good; her talkative doctor will be upset with her. She doesn't have any friends here, and the rooftop is the most comforting place for her. The air and the scenery here bring her peace and help her forget about the fact that her life could end at any moment.

She turns to her right and sees a man sitting on the bench beside her. Strangely, she feels a sense of familiarity with him. He's wearing a mask and a cap, yet she can still recognize him.But it couldn't be him, could it?

She slowly moves closer to him and whispers his name, "Na Jaemin?"Perhaps this is the privilege of being a huge fan; you can recognize him immediately.