Chapter 1: Welcome to the show!

*I've enjoyed the game so far and couldn't help but write this book and hopefully people will find it enjoyable.*

(Y/n) didn't think he would be working at a place such as this.

It was the closest thing he could imagine to what it would be like if the world had children billionaires who were in charge of construction.

But then again as he thought about it the world technically had that already, sort of.

Spoiled kids who got what they wanted when they demanded it. This must be why this place was made in the first place, to appease such deep-pocketed children and their parents.

"(Y/n) you there? Hello? Have you seen any trace of the kid yet?" A female voice crackled through the radio at his hip startling him out of his thoughts. 

(Y/n) recognized the voice immediately as his new boss Vanessa her straightforward doll-like voice startled (Y/n) making him fumble with the radio and almost drop it before snatching it out of the air before it fell.

"Hey! Yeah! Um, I'm below the mall on my way to inform the others of the kid, I'm sure Freddy and the other will be happy to see me heh." (Y/n) joked as he scratched his stubble.

He heard Vanessa let out a hum in acknowledgment on the other end of the radio before speaking.

"Be careful and keep an eye out, I'm still in charge of your safety you know." The faintest sounds of playfulness were heard in Vanessa's voice. A contrast to her usual serious no-nonsense attitude.

(Y/n) always liked these moments however brief they were, the times where Vanessa chose to let loose a little and not focus entirely on work.

(Y/n) let a smile cross his face as he shined his flashlight into the dark corridors of the lower tier of the Mall holding the radio up to hover over his mouth as he readied to retort.

"Don't worry about lil old me Vanessa, I got my big boy pants on I can handle myself. Besides the animatronics are just as much like guards as you and me and Roxy is like the mall's guard dog. Don't tell her I told you that." (Y/n) added not wanting to anger the short-tempered wolf.

Surprisingly, (Y/n) heard Vanessa let out a soft giggle through the radio before catching herself.

"Sorry," She whispered.

"Focus (Y/n), we have to find that kid by closing or he will make our night longer than it needs to be." Her voice returned to the serious tone it held beforehand much to (Y/n)'s dismay.

(Y/n) scoffed.

"Listen 'Nessa. I don't see why your treating the kid hiding from us like it's a life-threatening emergency. Plus your demands for him to come out did not sound very coaxing, the kid probably wanted to be able to see the animatronics and get to be the first in line for the games. We'll probably find him passed out on a bench from a sugar crash somewhere." (Y/n) said casually.

(Y/n) stepped aside for a Security S.T.A.F.F. Bot that wheeled by on its designated patrol route not acknowledging the human Security officer who in turn rolled his eyes at the machine.

"You know I hate that nickname. And it is an emergency, a career-ending emergency! That kid is trespassing past closing and we struggle to find even a trace from him. I swear I am not going to let your lack of care cause me to lose this job because the damn kid died in the service tunnels. So please just do as I ask." She finished softly.

"We all have our purpose here..." She added.

(Y/n) was not too proud to admit he would feel guilty if that happened, he knew Vanessa took pride in her position as head of security and he wouldn't risk losing that for her. Despite her distant behavior, she wasn't bad company, he quite liked talking to her.