Chapter 7: Resentful Roxy

*Sorry for my sudden MIA, I have been distracted for the past month or so and have been procrastinating this shit like a motherfucker. But don't worry, I've returned with a chapter dedicated to everyone's favorite wolf. In this chapter, we will listen to Roxy's inner thoughts about (Y/n), Gregory, and Vanessa! 

DISCLAIMER: The gif above was taken from the animated short NO MORE GOLF By Lipse on youtube.*

Powering on...

Optical sensors activated...

Auditoral sensors activated...

Systems rebooting...

Done.

Roxy's eyes flickered to life and her chassis loosened from its frozen stance making all her limbs clunk to the polished floor.

"I-I-I-I am glad you chose me to-" Roxy stalled in her speech and sat up confused, how had she ended up on the floor? Why was she near the daycare? Most importantly, where did her (Y/n) go!?

Roxy shook her head at her wording, he was not hers. As much as she wished he was.

"(Y/n)?" Roxy called out looking around slowly getting to her feet. Where did he run off to? One moment she's having a pleasant conversation with her favorite security guard the next she's on the floor.

Did...Did (Y/n) make her systems crash? 

Roxy scoffed at her doubts about her friend. (Y/n) would never! He said it himself, she was his favorite! Why would he try to deactivate his favorite of the band?

Unless he didn't mean what he said...

Roxy glared at the checkered floor beneath her angrily, annoyed by her inner turmoil. She outwardly ignored the groaning frame of Monty in front of her also struggling to get his bearings. Roxy stomped off in deep thought her mind constantly bouncing back and forth.

One side was proving to be rational and gave her the idea that it was her consciousness telling her the truth about (Y/n).

Then there was the other side...

It never ceased to bother her, it was her anxiety and self-doubt. It reigned supreme in her mind and she was struggling. She relied upon her self promotions to reassure her of her worth and value to everyone around her.

She didn't want to be replaced.

Roxy knew what she was, what her entire existence consisted of.

She was a replacement, a new face so that everyone could forget about the old. She feared to her core the fact that someday, she may become the old face replaced by a new and better entertainer.

Roxy let a poorly reigned sob leave her mouth as she walked, her feet carrying her past the main stage. Roxy shoved a security bot over when it got in her way. She didn't even stop to acknowledge if she broke the damn thing, she could care less about Vanessa's lectures.

No, that can't be true! She has value, the kids love her! Everyone loves her! She was perfect! She was the perfect Keytarist, a Perfect singer, She could even dance better than the others if she wanted to! 

She was irreplaceable, right? (Y/n) loved her, didn't he? How could he not? She was Roxanne Wolf, THE Roxanne Wolf! 

Though (Y/n) most certainly was not like others...

Maybe that's what made him so special to her. He stood out from the crowd, wasn't part of the norm. When she first met him she thought he was just going to be another prissy little guard just like his boss.