Four

Your mother, sobbing helplessly in her armchair at home with an endless sea of tissues littered upon the living room. She couldn't move, she didn't want to anyways. All she wanted, was you back home safe and sound in her arms.

Your father was out, working and hanging up missing persons posters with your name and face on them. He reported you missing to the Vanguard just a day after you were kidnapped by a Taken slave. Guardians were informed of your missing presence within the city and their Ghosts constantly reminded them to keep an eye out for you.

The front door to your parents' home opened slowly. Your father stepped through, bags tugging at his eyelids and a slow blink to accompany his low energy.

Your mother immediately stood from her arm chair, her hands pressed against her chest with a puffy face and a hopeful gaze.

Your father shook his head as he closed the door behind him sadly.

Your mother looked down, her eyes beginning to overflow with tears for the 5th time that day; and it was only 9AM.

Your father approached her, pulling her into his warm arms and resting his chin on the top of her head.

"It's okay, we'll find her."

Waking up in a different place to where you fell asleep wasn't something you were used to. But it was a familiar feeling, from when you were a child and your father would carry your sleeping form inside the house from the car.

Turning over on the ledge, you jolted your body forwards as soon as you felt yourself pummelling your way down to the floor. You had turned over without realising that you were so close to the ledge.

"Gah!" You shrieked out loud, panicking as your once comfortably closed eyes were wide open in horror.

Before you hit the floor, a pair of hands caught you in their palms, cushioning your fall so easily.

"Ohh.. ohh my god..!"

You let out heavy breaths, peering up at the culprit who successfully caught you.

Of course it was Oryx.

"Humans are delicate creatures. Such soft and tender flesh colliding with the floor, wouldn't be so ideal."

You let out a shaky breath, covering your face with one hand as Oryx held you securely in one hand, lifting you up to sit comfortably in the middle of his three fingers.

"Th-thank you, Oryx.." You managed to get out.

He let out a grunt of approval, continuing to stare out into the vacuum of space ahead. You both fell silent for a few long minutes, sharing the quiet with one another; comfortably.

The sound of a low grumble broke the silence and Oryx peered down at you with his glowing green eyes.

"Would that be the sound of hunger?"

You sighed, staring back up at the Hive God, nodding quietly.

Oryx placed you gently into the blackened water below, your bare feet basked in the warm liquid and the tips of your dress grew soaked overtime. An uncomfortable feeling, to have damp clothing rubbing up against you; but you ignored it.

"You will return to your home planet for food; but not by yourself." Oryx spoke softly.

You peered up at him, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion as you waited for him to elaborate.

"One of my.. loyal subjects, will accompany you through your 'Last City'."

You smiled slowly, letting out a gentle giggle that caught the Taken King's attention.