21. Grandma Jo goes GANGSTA

I didn't think there would be any search results for; how to get a closed out boy to answer your questions.

Not that I searched, really.

Anyway, after that, grandma pulled over at a more isolated area. It was a wide field extending a heavy number of yards. There was a brick wall, and the notice on it said; DO NOT ENTER.

Grandma was like, pfft, as if.

She drove in to. Then she parked on the middle and shut down the car.

I leaned forward. "Why are we parking here?"

"We just caused an explosion, darling," she said and took out a miniature looking glass. She started to paint her lips.

Young at heart.

"They must be after us," she said. "Of course," she clipped the mirror shut. "This country has technology to track us down."

"But when we called a couple of days earlier," Mike said. "They said that they were out of service- 119."

"That was a couple of days ago," Grandma Jo said, in a matter-of-fact-tone.

We stepped out of the car. The air was dusty. Something about it was so..... uncomfortable. Back in the forest the air felt clear. I felt it in my nostrils; so damn clear. But here, it felt like rodent waste and dust.

The ground beneath me was sand. The wind whipped my hair annoyingly.

"There's a coffee shop down the road," Kyle said. "I'm beat,"

"Same," Mike said.

"Fine then," Grandma Jo kept the key inside the car. She wore her sunglasses.

Like Grandmother like grandson?

"We'll go." She said, while Kyle grinned.

"But what about your car?" I held a sleeved hand towards the Ferrari.

"Oh that," she giggled, and waved her wrinkled hand. "I've been dumping cars everywhere. I was spoilt from a young age."

I wasn't sure how to react to that.

"Anyway," she squeezed my hand. "What's most important is saving your sister,"

                                                                                          ***

Mickey whistled. "Some place,"

The café was named Dell's place. Dell sure had a freaking good interior designer.

The café was brown painted on the outside, with its name written in an italic font. People were going in and out, laughing and chattering.

Inside, it was so homey and cozy. All the tables were covered in white fluffy fabric. The walls were white. One wall towards the back looked like a graffiti art. At the front there was a long counter, with high school girls as waitresses. Drinks and orders popped from inside and landed on the counterby robotic hands. The place was filled with the warm aroma of coffee. One notable point was that all the seats were two aligned against each table.

"Great place," I said.

"Sure is," Mike said. "But where to have a seat?"

"There," Kyle pointed, to a corner near a window. "We'll have to sit in two, though." He jabbed a finger behind him to a wall. "No changing in the alignment of stuff," he read out.

"Well then-" I started but Mike said.

"I want to sit with Destiny," Mike said, his arms around his chest.