Chapter 4 - Blue Jeans, White Shirt, Black Leather Jacket

Chapter 4 – Blue Jeans, White Shirt, Black Leather Jacket
{Shan-Leigh POV}

I raised an eyebrow but smiled all the same when I rounded the corner before my apartment building, spying Cillian’s familiar figure leant against the head-high brick wall that provided a barrier between the apartments and the street. I bit my lip and felt my cheeks turn pink as I took in his apparel. Blue Jeans, White Shirt, Black Leather Jacket…any woman would drool. My smile widened a little as I grew closer and he looked up, and I offered him a small wave.

“Heya!” I laughed quietly, taking in his determined expression as I paused beside him. “What’s up? You look… worriedly determined…”

“More nervous than worried…” he admitted as he looked down the street briefly before back to me. “But determined all the same.”

“Alright…” I trailed off with a confused laugh.

“It has come to my attention that I’ve yet to ask you out.” He blurted out, then composed himself; taking a breath before he continued. “And… I would like to rectify the situation.”

“Wow…” I smirked. “That is the least romantic way to ask a girl out ever.” My smile turned sweeter. “I’d really like that.”

Cillian’s eyes widened then narrowed. “You’d like what? For me to rephrase-”

“No,” I smiled and knelt down, plucking a daisy from the small bush that grew against the wall beside me and offered it to Cillian. “I’d very much like to go out on a date with you.” I smiled sheepishly when he took the small daisy and then shrugged and looked away. “You know; if you’ll still have me.”

“What?” Cillian quirked a brow at me and I dropped my voice dramatically.

“After the blow of replacing my dad at lunch I wasn’t sure you’d actually want to sit down to another meal with me.” I snickered and he laughed a warm, high-spirited laugh.

“Heavens no,” he grinned, his Irish brogue more pronounce now. “If anything it made me want to take you out and show you a good time more.”

“Well then!” I arched my brow for a moment before reaching up to tap his nose. “I suppose I’ll see you later then!”

“Later?” he frowned, then smirked. “You’d like to do this today?”

“It’s the only night I have off this week.” I made an apologetic face at him. “Unless you’d like to wait til next week-”

“God no.” Cillian cut me off quickly, smiling as he reached out and tucked the step of the daisy I’d given him into my hair, tapping my nose lightly back with a smirk. “I’ll see you around… eight?”

I smiled, hoping to god he hadn’t seen me blush. “Eight sounds great.”

He chuckled as he began backing away. “Nice rhyme.”

I shrugged then feigned an epiphany. “I’m a poet and didn’t know it!” I smiled when he laughed a little louder. “See you tonight!”

“Don’t forget!” Cillian called back as he made to cross the street and I made my way down the short path to my apartment building’s entrance.

I smiled as I mumbled quietly. “Believe me… I won’t.”

 ***

I fidgeted in my seat across from Cillian, nervously brushing imaginary lint off my clothes as a waitress, quite obviously enamoured with Cillian, set drinks and our starters on the table between us.