Chapter 7 - Work

Chapter 7 - Work...

Cillian had been staring at me the whole time I'd been on the phone...not that I blamed him. I'd had a huge grin plastered across my face since the moment I'd picked up. He raised his eyebrows at me as I agreed again with the person on the other end of the line; his expression saying 'hurry up and tell me!'

I bit my lip as I hung up and leant on the wall beside the phone, grinning at Cillian like an idiot, but I couldn't help it. And, soon enough, neither could he.

"C'mon then! Don't keep me in suspense!" Cillian smirked as he scooted along the lounge so he sat closer to where I was stood. "Who was it?!"

"You know that film you've been working on?" I began slowly, dragging it out.

"Yes..." he replied back, trying to figure me out.

"Well...that was your director..." I looked at my feet and then beamed at Cillian. "He wants me to write a song for the soundtrack and we're going to shoot a music video to accompany it with him!" I squealed with excitement and laughed as Cillian stood and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Congrats sweetheart!" he smiled warmly as he leant out of the hug slightly to look at me, his Irish lilt making me smile more. "I'm so happy for you guys."

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! I have to call the guys and tell them!" I reached for the phone again, but Cillian stopped me, turning me back to face him again and tilting my head up.

"No," he smirked and cut off my barely formed question with a deep, sultry kiss. "Not right now you don't..."

"Oh? You want me to celebrate with you first, hmm?" I smirked, biting my lower lip as he began walking me towards the lounge.

Cillian chuckled darkly and tumbled both onto the lounge. "Dear God yes!"

***

Cillian's new film had begun post-production and I'd been asked to come in and view some of the footage in order to frame the song around the storyline. I stared at the screen, Cillian's director beside me, and absorbed what I was allowed to see of the film. The story was so poignant. There were so many ideas going through my head; already lines of song dipping and weaving through my mind in a melancholy tune...

And then I saw Cillian's character.

The journey of self-discovery, the heartbreak, the betrayal, the loyalty right to the end. All previous notions of how to work the song left my mind in that instant. His character's mentioned lover, who was used to betray him... yes. Destroying someone in order to save them from a greater evil. Yes. This was it. This was the theme.

The lights went up and I leant back in my seat with a heavy sigh as I pondered new lines of enquiry and new lyrics began swimming before my eyes...

"So?" the director interrupted my train of thought and I turned to look at his ecstatic face. "What do you think?"

I pursed my lips and thought it over again for a moment before nodding. I smiled at his sigh of relief, cocking my head to one side before asking. "You never see the girlfriend who was threatened to do as the bad guys said or they'd kill her sister."

"You think people should?" the director asked with a frown.

"It would make her real..." I hummed. "And make my job a tad easier..."

"Oh?" the director raised his eyebrows as a though occurred to him. "You don't happen to have any free time coming up?"

"You just asked me to write and record a song for you..." I smirked. "And then shoot a video for it." I watched his face fall slightly and then laughed. "I'm going to be here every day for a month, of course I'll have time for you." I told him my initial thoughts for the song and he agreed. "So, what do you think for the video then?"

"I think I'll put you in the film as Cillian's character's girlfriend, and then we can use the shot of him sooting her as the ending perhaps..." he replied casually.

My eyes widened. "Wait, I'm being shot?" he nodded and I grinned. "That is so...fucking...cool!"

***

And so it was decided that Cillian would be in the music video and I would be thrown into three, very short scenes with him in the film to give context to the girlfriend. I did character work and loved shooting the scene where I was introduced as Cillian's character's lover - both of us curled up in bed, kissing mostly, with the end of the shot being Cillian rolling on top of me as if to initiate another round of sex.

I watched silently as then my character was discovered to be a girl being made to date him by the people trying to kill Cillian's character - because if she doesn't they'll kill her sister - and him then realising he has to sever all ties...

There was a desperate scene of me begging him to understand I did love him, but was being made to tell the people he was hiding from what he was doing (or they'd kill my sister - and I had a brief moment when I thought about what would happen if this situation were real)... and then, the dreaded moment where he raised his gun, levelling it with my tear-stained face, saying he was sorry... and then pulled the trigger...

At home each day after shooting for the film and the music video, I felt a tangible tension rise between Cillian and I... and not in a good way. We weren't talking unless it was dialogue for 'on set'... and I was terrified I might be losing him...