Regret

It's my first day back to work a couple of days, the boss made me take 2 more days off to make sure my arm is okay to go back to work. The wound is healing pretty nicely, it hurts super bad if I move my arm too fast though. I put on my uniform and head to my car, on the drive there I wonder how the animatronics are doing. I get into the building and I see Oliver waiting with the animatronics by the front ticket desk. 

I run up to them and give Oliver a big hug, "Hey hey! How was your 2-day vacation?" he says laughing. "Ha ha very funny, Netflix and I rekindled our friendship so did take out, and I." I say stepping back, "Hey! I haven't seen yall in a while, whats happeni-" I'm cut off by 3 animatronics tackling me to the ground.

"Y/N, we are so sorry that we scared you guys like that. But hey, we got the guy, right?" Monty says setting me on my feet once more with a somber expression poorly hidden with a smile, it seems everyone's faces were like that. "Oh god, I don't blame any of you for what happened! It's your programming and you all did warn me and I knew what I signed up for. I don't blame you okay?" I said looking at all of them then making direct eye contact with Freddy, who had been looking at the ground since I got here. 

I walk up to Freddy and take his face in my hand and make him look me in the eyes, "I don't blame you, Freddy, it's not your fault. Hell, if that guy would've never been here in the first place, none of this would have happened. Okay?" I say with a kind smile on my face, he nods and I pull him into a hug. 

  His arms wrapped around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder, we embraced for a while then the intercom system called all employees and bots to their posts. Neither of us let go for a moment then we both let go and hold eye contact for a moment until we both walked in opposite directions.

Why the hell do I feel hot? Oh god is my face red? God, do I like Freddy? No no, that was just a one-time thing right?

"Probably because you were bitterly about to make out with Freddy, Yes, your face is very red, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ya, you do. By the way, he's been looking at you for a month and vice versa I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say that this isn't a 'one-time thing'," Oliver responded with a smirk as we walked to the main atrium. 

I punched his shoulder playfully, "Did I really say that allowed? Oh God, did anyone else hear me?" I say looking around quickly as Oliver laughs harder. 

"I don't think anyone else heard you, and yes, you said that allowed. But the question is, how do you have a crush on first, a literal robot, and second someone who doesn't even talk to you?" He asks quizingly. I put my head in my hands, " I don't know" I groaned as we got to the stage and took it down to the offices. 

As I got into my office I saw a small piece of paper sitting on my keyboard, I pick up the little folded piece of paper and see the most beautiful handwriting ever. It reads ' I am truly sorry about your arm, meet me in my room when you get off today ~ Freddy' 

My heart flutters, I realize that this is going to be a lot more of an intimate conversation than what I usually have with him, and with this new realization of the crush, I have, this is going to be 10 times harder than usual. 

I try and make it through my day without thinking about our interaction from this morning or the note. I was on the floor today so I was out treating kids, showing families where things are, and holding my very own story corner.

I have been doing this story corner in the daycare every Saturday since I started working here 3 years ago. The kids and parents love it, this time I was going to read one of my favorite books called "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus," It's a silly one and the kids adore the Pigeon.

Near the end of the book, all the kids look up at the door and scream "FREDDY!" They run over to him awestruck. Freddy bends down to their eye level, "Hey kids, are we having a good time?" They all yell yes simultaneously, "Freddy, shouldn't you be getting ready to go perform with all of your friends." I say teasingly

He looks up at me and smiles, "I was just on my way but I thought I would stop by and see my favorite kids." He says winking at me, I feel my face getting hotter and hotter. He stands back up, waves goodbye to the kids, and then leaves the daycare. I had the kids back over to the daycare animatronic, Sundrop, who is going to take the kids to watch the show. 

I run out of the daycare to the backstage door, I grab my tablet and pen from Oliver and run back out to the rooms. I ran all the way across the plex into the elevator and waited to get to the second floor of  Pizza Plex. I dashed from the elevator to Freddy's room, I open the door and look around. "Haha I beat him here," I say proudly to myself, I feel someone come up behind me, "You sure about that?" He whispered into my ear making a shiver go down my spine. 

I turn around and jump back, "How are you so quiet? You are an 8 ft tall piece of metal yet you make absolutely no noise when walking, how?" I say in disbelief. He chuckles lightly not giving me an answer, I get on with the pre-show check and everything goes over smoothly, "Why did you come into the daycare today? You rarely do anymore." I ask him as I mark off his vitals on my tablet. He looks down at me, "I was looking for someone, uh but unfortunately they were not there." He says looking over to his mirror.

"Uh huh," I say unconvinced with a smirk on my face but I wasn't going to push if he didn't want to tell me. As I was leaving he says "Did you get my note?" I turn to him, "Mhm! I'll be back over here after I fill out some paperwork at the end of the day." I say finally, leaving the room. 

I meet up with Oliver who has already done everyone else and we make our way back over to the main atrium to the backstage door. I input the data into my computer and I help with small tasks around the stage before they go on. 

They meet up in the rehearsal room like usual and Oliver and I go to meet them. "Alright guys, we've had to make some changes to the show due to a group of kids in the Special Needs program coming to watch the show. That means fewer strobes, a lower volume, and less erratic movement." He says as all of them sigh. "This means you will have to go into 'Default Mode' but don't worry you have your main show later and you can go all out there. Oaky?" They all nod and switch on default.

We guide them over to the stage and raise them up. The show goes great, Oliver and I were confronted by one of the teachers of the Special Needs program. "Thank you so much for making this such an enjoyable day for our kids and I understand how many things you needed to accommodate to keep our kids safe and I am extremely grateful." She said giving us both a quick hug, "No problem ma'am, we want to make sure everyone here at the Pizza Plex has a safe and fun time here with the gang." I say shaking her hand once more. 

She waves goodbye and we then need to get ready for the real show for the general public. Wich means more checks and more instrument replacing. We got everything ready for the show and it goes off without a hitch whats soever. Monty handed out yet another pair of glasses and Roxy gave out her studded collar so I ran to get the replacements for both of them. 

When I came back the show had ended and the gang was being brought back down. "Great job you guys, since we had that earlier show there is no time for you guys to walk around tonight before we close so why don't you guys go back to your rooms and settle down for right now, okay?" I said handing Monty and Roxy their things. They give me a thumbs up and walk back out, I head to my office to get some more complaints from customers, yay. 

I try to get it done as quickly as possible so I can go meet Freddy when the Plex closed in 10 minutes but I end up running over by 5 minutes after getting called into a meeting with all the managers. God, I hoped Freddy didn't think I was ditching him.