The Blue Spirit

Mako POV

Beads of sweat were dripping down my forehead onto the concrete floor, slowly turning into rubble. A sledgehammer that destroyed everything under it.
An abandoned warehouse that I used to always be at when I was a kid. Iroh and I would do everything here.

I called him earlier that night.
-

"Hello?" His voice was groggily and sluggish. He was definitely not a night owl.

"Iroh, it's Mako. I need to know if the mask is still there the last time we left it?" I said, going straight to the point.

"Mako? Why are you calling me at this time?"

I rolled my eyes "It's not that late,"
"Just tell me if it's there or not."

"It should be. Why?" I let a sigh of relief knowing it's still there.

"Don't worry about it ."

"Don't do anything rash Mako. I'll be back in three days, just wait and maybe I can help."

"I don't have much time. Have a safe trip." Was the last thing I said before instantly placing the phone head in in its place running out of the telephone booth.

-

I threw the sledgehammer on the side, clearing the remaining rubble. I started at the wooden box, still breathing heavy, my hand caressed the engraving's until  pulling the box out and inside my bag.

Needed to make a final stop at my apartment. Maybe the news haven't spread yet, in that case I had to keep Bolin in the dark. No one can know what I'am about to do... But some my not even care and would maybe prefer my death.

~~~

"I...I tried to fight, I never wanted them to take her."

After the invasion Tenzin and Pema came in as soon as possible, taking only about a few minutes. Pema broke down while tenzin tried to reassure her. Shortly after the Republic City police came in, and a very hostile Avatar.

Her eyes turned red after seeing me. And immediately confronted me, taking me to the back far where the police was investigating.
  "You claim the a group of bending thug's came in, and I don't see much of a aftermath that shows me that you put on a fight."

"You're saying that I would just let them take her?" My voice became more severe.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did," she spat, looking at me as of I where scum. "you're a selfish bastard that's only looking for himself."

Was that really how she viewed me? I was left with no words. Clenching my jaw, I breath in deep. Maybe I was scum, but that doesn't mean that that I would leave a girl in the hands of THEM.

"I have to go." I said. Looking away from the daggers the Avatar was sending me as I was walking away.

"Of course you're leaving." She scoffed.

As I was leaving I ignored the dirty looks most of the police gave me. And at the end of it all there she stood...Officer Beifong. I rolled my eyes as I arrived where Pema was crying, her husband by her side.