Party time

"He's got to be kidding me."

It was a beautiful day, the sun's heat felt like a warm blanket during winter for the skin, something a firebender would enjoy if his best friend wasn't thirty minutes late. Tapping his arm his face showed visible signs of frustration. "I don't know why I bother to show up on time." He mumbled.

Five minutes passed until a black car stopped in front of him. It was Asami's car, but in the driver seat was none other than Iroh, Asami was in the seat next to him and upon further inspection he noticed both Korra and Bolin in the back seat.

"Hope you didn't wait long." Iroh said. Either it was genuine or a tease Mako didn't seem to be in the mood for neither.

"What took you so long?!"

"I was on my way but I took the executive decision to invite our friends over,"  He said, "We needed the outing... and Asami's car too."

Annoyance was clear as the sky. It wasn't that he hated the idea of spending time with his friends, he just hated sudden change of planes.

I feel like a grumpy old man now.

"Stop brooding, I promise you that we'll make this quick," his teasing smile didn't bring much confidence, but he really didn't have much say in the matter. "Now get your ass to the back and let's get going."

Mako sighed as he went to the back, Korra suddenly got out of the car, giving her a confused look.

She simply shrugged her shoulders "I want the window seat."

Mako rolled his eyes. "You can't be serious?"

His irritation grew bigger as she nodded, still insisting she sat by the window. "You know what, I don't care." he ended up coinciding to get things over with.

Korra sat with a smug grin plastered on her face. "Thank you." She sang.

...

The ride overall was calm, conversations would be active along the way, Mako being the only one to partially exclude himself. Korra took notice of his shutdown behavior, without thinking twice she decided to poke the bear without hesitation.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked

Mako side glances her, his arms crossed and a disinterested look painted on his face. "Right now, that would be you."

"Don't start now please." Asami said as if a mother was trying to prevent her two bickering children, both now keeping an arms length of distance from each other.

"Don't make me turn this car around." Iroh joked.

Mako leaned forward, "I've noticed that we have been driving for a while now, we passed a couple tailors on the way, care to explain?" His observation didn't come unnoticed by the driver.

"We are going to a special one."

"A special one huh?"

"Of course! I wouldn't leave you in the hands of anyone you know."

Mako sat down again as before, adopting his usual laid back posture, "I don't understand why the fuss over a tailored suit, can't we just get one off the rack somewhere."

"Every man needs a tailored suit Mako," He said, "Even Bolin has one." he pointed out.

"Whatever you say." Mako crossed his arms, as he looked ahead his thoughts seemed to get slower along with his breathing, his eye lid's becoming more heavy, not trying to fight it he adopted a more comfortable position and submit to sleep.