Chapter 3 | Naughty Kids

3rd person POV:

It was 5 in the afternoon and there were a lot, I repeat... A LOT of kids on the Daycare. Y/n had literally no time to sit down, she was busy making sure everyone was... Well... Alive. Sundrop wanted to help as much as he could so he went to Y/n who was holding a child that wouldn't stop kicking.

"Hey Y/n, is there anything I can help you with?" He asked looking at the small child who kept throwing kicks everywhere.

"Thanks Sundrop, but I'm fin- HEY! STOP IT!!"

"Bite me!!" The kid shouted rudely making Sundrop frown slightly.

Y/n exhaled heavily "Go play with the others Sundrop, I can handle this..."

He nodded hesitatingly but obeyed and went to check on the Arts and Crafts area. Many of the kids were throwing paper planes or fighting with crayons except for one child who was drawing on their desk.

"Hello little one!!~ What are you drawing?" He asked the kid and peeked through their side, the drawing was a portrait of the child with a crown and everything around them on fire "That's so... Cute..." He said kind of dismayed.

Meanwhile, Y/n was having one hell of a time. The kids were on her desk wanting to press everything that they saw and it was almost impossible to prevent them to do so.

"What's this for?"

"Don't touch that!"

"And this?" Another kid said.

"Don't touch that either!"

"What about that one?" he signaled the button that turned off the lights.

"NO! Especially not that one!!" Y/n took his hand away from the button quickly and her arms and legs were now being pulled by kids as she tried to contain them.

"Why not?" Someone asked infront of her. It was a kid that seemed to be older than the others, around 11 or so.

"It's for the lights, they're on the whole time" Y/n said still grabbing all the children.

"Why?"

"I have no idea, I just know they're for Sundrop. Please don't touch it.."

"Hm... Wouldn't it be fun to play in the darkness?" The boy exclaimed as he ran his finger over the button. He was ready to press it.

"WAIT NO!-"

....

Light's out...

Many of the kids were scared and screaming about the sudden power outage. Y/n was nervous too but being the adult she had to control the situation, she turned on her flashlight and the kids started to gather around the ball pit by following the light.

(Pro tip: If you get run over don't follow the light. Trust me)

"Okay everyone, don't worry, there is no need to panic!"

"I'm afraid of the darkness miss..." a kid said.

Y/n could hear many of the kids sobbing and agreeing to what the first one had said. "I know, I know! The light will be back any minute now, okay? There's nothing to be afraid of" As soon as she said that a laugh was heard from behind her along with various steps.

'What the fuck was that!?...' Y/n thought, terrified to even imagine what was walking around the Daycare.

"Are you on these rule breakers' side? You're supposed to put the order here..." A raspy voice said.

"W-Who said that?!" Y/n pointed her flashlight everywhere just to see if she spotted something. Soon, a tall figure fell infront of her making the kids shout and Y/n let out a small scream that she decided to held in.

"Nighty-night..." He said again, now being enlightened by the flashlight.

"S-Sundrop?.."

"Not anymore darling..." He stood up straight showing off his height difference.

"What- What did you do to him?!" She shouted.

"I didn't do anything, it was that kid who broke the rules!" He pointed at the boy who turned off the lights earlier "And so did ALL of you!! You're gonna get punished for this..."

Y/n looked around the room and spotted her desk between the dark, so she started running towards it. Moondrop obviously noticed and ran to catch her, she managed to outrun him for sometime but when she was about to reach the desk, Moondrop grabbed her by the leg and made her hit the ground but after some time managed to kick him out of her way and turned the lights back on.

Of course, no kid wanted to stay there for any longer. As soon as the lights were on everyone ran out screaming and some others crying. Sundrop had turned back to normal when Y/n layed her eyes on him again.

She stood up and leaned against the wall letting out a heavy sigh "Well... There goes my paycheck..."

Sundrop got up groaning and looked around the place staying silent for a few seconds "I am truly sorry
Y/n.."

"It's okay, the Daycare complaints never really reach anyone besides managment, but I didn't know why until today" She looked at him but he just looked away feeling embarrassed "Why didn't you tell me about this before?"

"I didn't want to scare you, many of my past partners have left because of that..." He scratched the back of his head.

"Sundrop, you've scared me many times before, and we talked about this the other day, I'm not going to leave you..." Y/n put her hand on his shoulder and smiled softly at him.

"Thank you Y/n" Sundrop said returning the smile.

"Anytime buddy, just-... Please help me with this mess..."

.

.

.