Chapter 4 | A Bad Day

Yay! Two chapters in one day :D
Please enjoy!

________________________

Y/n's POV:

This morning didn't start very well, I woke up sore since I stayed up very late with Sundrop last night to pick up the mess that was left in the Daycare.

I also realized that I had woken up earlier than usual, it was 6 am and I was supposed to be awake until 7, I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't, it was too cold and my body didn't seem to want to cooperate either.

"Aren't you supposed to be tired or something!?" I said to myself. Maybe if I waited sometime I would eventually fall asleep, but apparently not... I just layed there for an hour wasting time until my alarm clock rang. Once I turned it off I got dressed, grabbed my keys and left my house, I got to work and headed to the cafeteria to at least have some breakfast while I started my day.

"Hi Felix... Do you have coffee by any chance?" I asked yawning.

"Sorry Y/n, I don't have any of that, do you want a soda or something?" he asked searching for something to give me in the fridge.

"No thanks, I think I'll just stay like this..."

I thanked him and left the cafeteria to go straight to the Daycare, for me, sliding in was fun but I was too tired this time, when I landed I just layed there between the slide and the ball pit.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Sundrop asked me coming over to see if I was fine.

"Yeah yeah I'm just-" I wanted to avoid his question and just get up but in doing so I hit my head against the slide "Ngh.... Dang it..." I whispered.

"Do you want me to help you?" he asked me again.

"No thanks Sundrop I'm fine..." I got out of the ball pit rubbing my head and sat in my desk. I had a lot of paperwork to do today, why can't I just stay here and watch the kids play all day long?... I groaned and rested my head on the table, I guess I'll just start now and then I'll maybe have some time for myself.

"Hey Sundrop, I need you to do me a big favour.."

"Whatever you say I'm at your orders, what is it?" He stood infront of me smiling widely. His elbows were on the desk and his head was laying on his hands 'That's adorable...' I thought for myself.

"Will you take care of the kids today please? I need to finish this things and-"

"Don't say a word, I've got this! You can finish your work and then we can play with puppets!" He said which made me smile softly as I nodded.

[ Mini Timeskip ]

As other kids were arriving Sundrop started talking to them and suggesting play offers. I was still not even half way through my paperwork and I could feel my eyelids getting heavy, so I decided to stand up and stretch my legs so that I wouldn't fall asleep.

"Hi Y/n! Already finished?" Sundrop asked me.

I sighed "I wish... I still have many things to d-" I was interrupted by a ball that hit the back of my head, when I turned around the kid that threw it just said a simple 'Sorry!' and continued to play.

I rolled my eyes slightly and looked at my watch, it was lunchbreak for me already so I went to the fast food area to see what I could get.

Once there I looked at the menu but nothing really seemed appetizing, I only had space for a little snack and I was wishing on a coffee to fall from the sky.

Unfortunately, my daydreaming made a kid bumb into me and spill his drink over my pants, but just below the knees. I felt cold and the sticky sensation it left wasn't pleasuring either. I went to the locker area and groaned out loud as soon as I entered, then I started looking through my things to see if I had any spare clothes but I didn't.

'Could this day get any worse?' I thought and as I got out of the locker room I spotted a cookie that someone had left. And it was completely new.... Fuck it, why not?

I took the cookie and got out as I ate it. My shoes were sticky because of the drink that was spilled over me and they were making a very unpleasant sound..

Since I didn't really eat anything besides that stupid cookie I didn't want to go upstairs to the slide, so I just went back through the door that was supposed to be the exit of the Daycare. I'm not sure I have enough mental stability to finish this day...

3rd person POV:

Y/n sat down on her desk and Sundrop waved at her when he saw her, but she decided to just ignore the greeting. Sundrop was concerned about this kind of behaviour coming from her but decided to ignore it as well.

Throughout the rest of the day Y/n didn't look at him once, she was occasionally stopping to rub her eyes and immediately going back to work.

[ Time skip ]

The day had already ended and the children eventually left. Y/n was still sitting in her desk as if she were glued to the chair, Sundrop decided to approach her to see if he could talk to her since the kids were all gone.

"What's up bumblebee? Are you done yet?"

"Almost done Sundrop but... Not now, ok?" Y/n replied in a soft but really tired tone.

"Come on!~ A break won't hurt anyone, am I right? Get up, let's play!" He wanted to grab her by the arm but she quickly removed it and gave him a dirty look.

Sundrop tried to convince her several times but nothing was working, and Y/n just seemed to get more and more desperate.

"Do you want to draw something? We can put puzzles together! Would you like to-"

"I'D LIKE YOU TO SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!!" She shouted getting up from her seat making Sundrop back away.

"I-I'm sorry I... I didn't mean it, I..." She tried to apologize but Sundrop's sad look on his face pierced through Y/n's soul, she started whimpering as she sat back in her seat covering her face.

"I'm sorry Sundrop it's just that- I'm just really stressed right now... I know I've been very mean to you lateley, I really don't mean to but I just-"

Y/n cried but she stopped talking when she felt a tight hug form around her.

"Don't say a word, I've got this..." Sundrop whispered, making her return the hug.

"I really don't deserve you Sunny..." She said softly.

"Sunny?" He asked her but Y/n had already fallen asleep.

He got up with Y/n in his arms and managed to pull a pouf that was on the floor closer to him, he sat on it while still holding Y/n who snuggled closer to him. He could feel his face getting warmer and his cheeks glowing a light red color, he didn't understand why, but he liked it.

.

_______________________________

(A/N: Please don't kill me, Y/n won't yell at Sundrop ever again *Nervous sweating*)