Silver: a Prolouge

Growing up with a infamous serial killer as a father and a hot NYPD lieutenant as your father figure definitely made for a interesting combination of daddy issues, maybe that's what led me to fall in love with Nicholas Endicott the same way it led me for falling for my aforementioned NYPD lieutenant and father figure, yikes I know.

Even more yikes was the fact that I had just grabbed a fire poker from mother's fire place made of dull old gold and stabbed it right through his throat from behind, there was blood everywhere on Malcom, on Ainsley, and especially all over me and my mothers antique carpet.

Maybe his DNA really was in us, or at least in me.

Ainsley didn't remember much but me and Malcom did especially the part where we chopped up the body, i could tell the few days I stayed with him before returning to my college campus that he was shaken by it but I was fine for the most part, I always had been fine for the most part.

I had insomnia to rival brights but it was unrelated to my father or Nicholas it had been that way since childhood, I was hardly two during my fathers rein of terror so I never had to experience what Bright did as the oldest but one more thing me and bright had in common at least now was night terrors, I'd wake up in my dorm I wouldn't scream or cry but I'd shake somehow unable to move form fear and what could only be described as sleep paralysis where I'd lay glued to my bed my memories and people from my past deeds I had done flashing in and out of my dark college dorm.

Before I had loved the rare occasion where I could get a good nights rest but as of late I had been avoiding sleep like the Black Plague, I had developed a redbull addiction always sipping one as I'd do my school work and as much as it helped with my sleeping issues or issues with not sleeping more accurately it only made my paranoia worse about us being caught until I heard of Endicott's body washing up on some island, I could finally fine peace.

Or at least I could if I wasn't still avoiding Gil, he has been my everything. Much like Malcom he had been a role model and father figure but at some point I had developed a small crush on him and the Snead mayorship and friendship had morphed into what I could only call love, it all started the year I turned eighteen, I had been kidnapped by someone for ransom while out underaged drinking and Gil saved me, not before I was shot but he still saved me.

I was in the hospital for weeks and as a joke he got me a necklace custom made, it was the same kind of bullet that shot me with the name Bonnie on it because I was a little criminal, my mother hated it and when Gill got shot on duty one day I did the same thing except his said Clyde, they were both silver and matching and I never took mine off.

    Gil acted as if they were friendship bracelets but that's not what it felt like to me, when I got mine my cheeks turned beat red and every time I was around him my heart would beat faster, I knew ever since that day, I was in the big L with Gi...

Gil acted as if they were friendship bracelets but that's not what it felt like to me, when I got mine my cheeks turned beat red and every time I was around him my heart would beat faster, I knew ever since that day, I was in the big L with Gil Arroyo and four years later I still couldn't shake the feeling.

Maybe that's why I couldn't say no to him, I couldn't say no even when he asked me to come back to NYC to help him and Malcom solve a case with an alleged connection to the murder of Nicholas Endicott.