Silver Fox

As I walked into the precinct I was more then excited to see Gil, I went straight to his office to see him but instead I saw some silver fox sitting at his desk speaking to him, Simon Hoxley, that was the problem with New York, the men here were always gorgeous especially the ones who wanted you in cuffs.

I adjusted my jacket and put on my sunglasses before taking and deep breath and deciding to go in

"I'm sensing you too have history, which gives you both motive." Was the first thing I heard, when I stepped in awkwardly clearing my throat "oh speak off the devil, Ms. Whitly take a seat." The silver haired man said tauntingly and all I could do was take a seat in confusion not to draw attention to myself as I sat beside the strange man awkwardly.

I was about to say something but Gil leaned over the desk with a heated look and it made me keep quiet "We. Both found out what kind of person he was and the way I see it if he was killed in My city on my watch I want to know who did it."

I didn't know what kind of conversation this was or what they were speaking of but it made me nervous and yet I felt weirdly calm, there's no way he could know right? If he did he wouldn't be accusing Gil.

I zoned out a bit thinking about this whole thing, it all made me dizzy with worry "Lyn?" The long used nickname brought me out of my trance "you can either go help Bright in the other room or you can help me with this paperwork."

I went for the paperwork, if I wanted to be a lawyer I needed to get use to paperwork.

I had to admit the paperwork itself was boring but the scene was nice, sitting with Gil at his desk in his office filling out his paperwork, being around so many that belong to him was probably the closest I'd ever get to being well.. his.

That's when someone came in to tell Gil that there was a body that needed attention, Dani and TJ were already there, me and Gil got into the car and Simon hopped in the back, "so if you don't mind me asking for the sake of the profile, what is the nature of your relationship?" This would be a long day.

After that I went back to my hotel, rest and relaxation were important I just locked myself away in my room listening to albums that Gil had gotten me a few birthdays ago. College was hard but the shell adorned with gifts from Gil made my dorm livable although sometimes I did miss residing in NYC.

I didn't get the call that Hoxley was leaving and that Malcom had killed the loose link until the next morning and I wasn't sure if I was worried or pleased, I really was turning into my father, slowly going crazy on a lack of sleep and to much caffeine for my heart to handle.

All of it was to much for my heart to handle.

Maybe this Is it, maybe this is how I'm meant to go, my notebook fell to the ground beside me and I knew Gil would be worried sick, blame himself, I left him a note about that. This was it.