The Land.

Canada is huge. (We established that.) It goes across 5+ time zones or just time and goes across North America itself. Despite how THICC Canada is, it only borders America... ah irony. (idfk if it's irony I am just saying things for my own enjoyment). They also border 3 different oceans, and are very close to Greenland (Which is legally Denmark, so I am hoping that they have no problems) 

Back to Business.

You can divide Canada into 6 different places; I will explain each one by one very quickly.

1. The Appalachian Region. It's full of mountains, and is way in the east, somewhere close to New York and stuff like that. It looks great from the picture it gives us on the book. Mount Jacques Cartier is the largest one. It's also a great place for fishing.

2. The Saint Lawrence Lowlands. This book is old, it says that 31 million people live in Canada and that the Saint Lawrence Lowlands has half of it. I know what Canada now has 35 million people and that 14,000,000 people live here. I'm too lazy to do the math. It's a plain, where a lot of food is grown, so I can see why so many people live there. Because of how easy transportation is between America and Canada from these parts of land, it has encouraged quite a lot of trade.

3. The Canadian Shield. IT. IS. HUGE. And when I say it's huge, I mean it is huge! It goes from the Atlantic near and around Newfoundland and Labrador, through the Hudson Bay, and finally ends at the Artic. It has lakes like the Lake Athabasca, Great Bear Lake, Lake Winnipeg, Lake of the Woods, and the Great Slave Lake. (Weird) It's mostly filled with low and rocky terrain and a whole bunch of other different lakes of various sizes. 

4. Arctic Archipelago. Hot. It is all the way North. It may look like it's unimportant, but I promise you, it's great.

5. The Interior Plains. This is where a lot of the resources come from. Most of it is minerally rich with... a lot of minerals (no explanation needed, right?) In the North it goes from Forest to Tundra which are just snowy forests. 

  6. The Cordilleran Region. Essentially-- they are the Canadian part of the Rockies. Two big rivers are there too.

 Rivers are important in Canada. They used to be the only way to travel. A lot of them flow into the Hudson Bay, which-- should I mention-- Is huge... literally huge. 1,243,200 SQ of sea, which though it isn't as big as French Polynesia and all those other countries.  Peace and Slave rivers flow into the Mackenzie Bay, which is named after Alexander Mackenzie.

The mountains in Canada's pacific coast cause a lot of rain. They block all the burning hot air; it also blocks the super-duper cold air. Vancouver has temperatures above 0 degrees Celsius in January. (I'm an American so for us it would 32 degrees Fahrenheit) It's drier in the west. Winter is a lot less bad in eastern Canada then it is the Northern United States. Summers get cooler the further east you go from Toronto. 

Forests cover a lot of Canada, like, a lot of lot. 100 different tree variations take them over. Most popular ones are the Douglas fir, hemlock, spruce, birch, maple, (of course) and oak. The animals in the far north are great for the Canadian economy.  

Cities. This book gives us several cities. I will explain them to you.

1. Ottawa. It's been the capital for over 100 years and means "to trade" in Ojibwa (It comes from Atawe, which means to trade) The metro area has over 1 million people, meaning that it one of the largest cities in the nation.  It was destroyed by a fire.

2. Toronto. A big port, and Canada's largest city. Very important to trade and commerce. It is good for its food and wood making processes. They also have a couple of museums. 

3. Montreal. The world's second largest French-speaking city. (You can guess the largest one if you know) It's on the banks of the Saint Lawrence River and is a big transportation hub. Native people use to live there... wonder what happened to 'em. 

4. Vancouver. Vancouver is literally the most praised city in Canada (I think so, I don't know for sure, ask a Canadian and see what they say) It has 1.8 million people, and is rainy as hell. They also got the petroleum (oil). 

The book also gives us a couple of secondary cities which are quickly explained. Edmonton is the capital of Alberta and is in the middle of transportation across the country. Calgary is in the foothills of the Rockies. Winnipeg is where half of the province of Manitoba live. Quebec City is the oldest urban settlement in Canada and is the capital of the Quebec Province.