Frenemies?

Hello people! I apologize for going MIA. I was stuck with a major case of writer's block. I'm back now! So, please don't attack me. Here's the next chapter.

~Leonidas_son_of_Nike

Location: Half-Blood Hill

POV: Percy

"I can't believe that Hermes and Apollo did that!" I laugh as Artemis and I appear next to Thalia's Pine.

"Yes, it was quite... repulsive." Artemis replies, "I was unaware adhesives could be used in such a manner."

"Well, Eros won't be flying anytime soon." I start to calm down.

"Do you know what will be happening tonight?" Artemis asks me.

"No..."

"Tonight, Camp Half-Blood and the Hunt will be competing in a game of Capture-the-Flag. Currently, the Hunt has won fifty-six games in a row." Artemis' eyes glint in the setting sun, making her look more than a little malicious.

I grin, "I guess it's time for me to join the winning side." I say as the two of us begin to walk down the hill and into camp.

Camp looks peaceful. No one here has a care in the world, outside of the usual fear of death by dismemberment. With the Great Prophesy seemingly broken, I guess the atmosphere around camp would become more relaxed. Sadly, they do not know that the prophesy hasn't been broken, but rather delayed. If I am not the child of the prophesy based on a technicality, then that means someone else must be that child.

"Is something the matter, Perseus?" Artemis says, shaking me out of my thoughts, "You appear to have something on your mind."

I sigh, "I'm just thinking about the Great Prophesy." I reply, "If I'm not the 'half-blood of the eldest gods' of the prophesy, then who could it possibly be?"

"I would not worry about that." The goddess of the hunt places her hand on my shoulder, "For all we know, the prophesy may not come to fruition for many years."

"I know, but when it does happen, it will be a problem."

"You think too much." Artemis laughs, "For now, why don't you prepare for the Capture-the-flag game tonight."

"It's my job to think too much." I shoot back, "But alright. I'll go see Chiron first."

"We'll go see Chiron." Artemis corrects.

"Okay."

This entire conversation took place as we walked through camp. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that people were giving us odd looks, most likely because Artemis wasn't acting as she normally does, or at least the way they were used to her acting. When I was a Guardian before I died, Artemis was much more relaxed. Of course, her temper had a tendency to flare up at the worst of times, but other than that, she was fairly relaxed. From what I'd heard from the other campers, Artemis was a very stoic, mission-oriented goddess who didn't take schist from anyone.

"Lady Artemis! Perseus!" I turn towards the voice of Catania as she ran towards us, "Did it work?" She asked, her voice a mix of nervousness and excitement.

Artemis smiles, "Yes Catania. Everything worked out."

"Yes!" Catania punches the air, "We've got our Guardian back!"

I smile behind my hood. Catania truly hasn't changed after two thousand years.

"I'm sorry, did you say Guardian?" A familiar voice says.

I curse mentally. This was probably the worst time for her to show up. Annabeth's too smart not to figure out the connection. She can also sniff out a lie instantly. You can't hide anything from the girl.