Chapter 3 Don't Call Him

"Dani I don't think that it's a good idea-"

"I get it but I live here okay, I'd rather it not have anything sculking around. If I can help get rid of it then I want to. Two heads are better than one, right? We'll get the job done faster." She leaned forward.

"I don't-"

"I know this place like the back of my hand, plus people trust me here, they're more likely to talk to me than you." They stared at each other for a long moment. Sam didn't know why but there was something about this girl that made him want to trust her.

"How old are you?" He asked finally.

"Twenty-One."

"You look younger."

"I'm not. My birthday was last month. What, do want to see my ID?" She questioned jokingly.

Another long silence. Then...

"Okay fine, but if you get killed don't blame me."

"Deal."

They reached over the table giving each other a firm handshake.

"I'm Sam, by the way, Sam Winchester." Daniella froze in shock, but only for a moment, just long enough for Sam to see it but not fully process what it was. She had to shake herself.

"Uh...Daniella Taylor, but just call me Dani everyone dose." Something in her mood seemed to have shifted. He couldn't tell what.

"Nice to meet you."

Dani stood suddenly.

"I'll go get your salad." She hurried off to the kitchen.

 -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Crap, crappity crap-crap-crap!" Dani muttered to herself as she set to work preparing the salad. The bottle of dressing slipped out of her hand clattering to the workbench. A hand shot out catching it just before it slid off the bench.

"Okay Kid what's going on?" Hal demanded, "You've been acting weirder than usual all day."

"I'm fine Hal."

"If this is what fine looks like then I'm the freaking Dalai lama." He sighed turning her to face him by her shoulders. "Come on kid talk to me."

"I'm fine." Hal took one long look at her.

"That's it Im'a call, Jason." Her eyes blew wide.

"No, no, no don't do that," Dani said panicked. Hel pulled out his phone. "Please Hal-"

"I've never seen you like this kid. I'm worried. He's always the one that could get through to you."

"Hal, he hates me!" Hal scrolled through the contacts.

"Not enough to not show up when you need him. And that kid does not hate you."

She went to snatch the phone, he pulled it away in a flash. He was fast for an old guy.

"I don't need him."

"And that is exactly why you two broke up."

"We were never together."

"You were. You just didn't want to admit it." He hit call.

Dani almost hissed grabbing the plate and storming out. She grabbed the coffee pot as she went almost spilling it in her rush.

 -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Sam watched as Dani walked back to the table, face like thunder.

"Everything alright?" He asked eyeing her.

"Fine." She huffed. She seemed to shake herself. "So what you got so far? You'll probably know more than me at this point." She placed the salad down in front of him and poured the coffee pouring a second one for herself.

"The papers didn't reveal much other than five people have gone missing in the past five days." He stared for a long moment. "You sure you're alright?"

"Please don't ask me that. If one more person asks me that today I'm gonna lose it." She took a sip of her coffee, muttered curses under her breath when the hot liquid burned her tongue.

"Right? Well, they went missing after they visited the Davidson Shack the one that's supposedly haunted, so I'm thinking maybe it is a haunting-"

"Nope." Dani interrupted swallowing a huge mouthful of coffee. "I checked that place from top to bottom a few years ago it's clear just really friggin creepy."

"There's nothing at all?"

"The only thing that could be wrong with it is that it's next to a crossroads. There wasn't anything when I looked, but who knows maybe someone got stupid and tried to make a deal."

"Then that sounds like our first stop."

Dani nodded eagerly. Her eyes drifted past Sam's head and out through the window. Her face dropped.

"Son of a bitch." She muttered slamming her coffee cup down on the table and sliding out of the booth. A flicker of memory sparked in Sam's mind at the familiar angry curse. He watched as Dani sped to the door. She got there just as a boy of smiler age to herself stepped through the door. She pushed him back out again onto the sidewalk. What the hell?

Short one I know. Don't know when I'll be uploading again I'm going away over the New Year. But I hope you like this part. I might upload again tonight I feel like writing. Plus I'm watching Supernatural at the moment so inspiration has struck.❤️💙😊👍💋