Chapter 11 - A Forgotten Kiss

(Zelda POV)

"Link, we are in a time of great uncertainty. We can't just go around believing random girls claiming to be sages," I protest sitting at my desk leaning my head into my hands in frustration. "Zelda I would say that the show she gave us was proof enough," He insists as he walks over to my side. "And she isn't some random girl, I know her, I grew up with her. Zelda if anything she's our greatest weapon,". I stare at him and shoot a steely glare. He stares back emotionless, neutral. I hate it when he does that. I angrily grunt and thump my head on my desk. He chuckles and pats my back. "We can sort this out, You've sent her to Zora's Domain and we'll see if she can shed any Light on this situation," He grins. I let out a small laugh. He turns my chair around so that I and him are nose to nose. "Come on I know where we should go, " He exclaims and pulls me away.

It's about dusk, where the sun makes its final shine and the moon peeks out from the opposite way. Link leads the way adamantly as I begrudgingly trudge behind him. We approach a thick group of trees. Link beckons me closer and pushes away a small tangle of vines. We crawl through and I let out a small gasp. The thick branches cover the top of this clearing, only letting a few shimmers of light. It creates this almost smoky atmosphere and in this clearing were silent princesses. 

Everywhere. 

An almost full patch of these rare flowers. 

"Link... How long have you known about this," I whisper in awe. "Only a couple of weeks, I was planning on taking you for a nice picnic or something, but..." He pauses and slides his arm around my waist. "I think now was a perfect time," He says slowly. I turn to look at him. Eye to eye. 

Soul to soul.

 "Link... Why did I waste so much time hating you," I whimper "I... " I stutter and he smiles softly and puts a finger to my lips. " I know, just enjoy the moment. I forgave you a long time ago," He says with such warmth and kindness. I'm filled with this fluttery feeling. Everything is screaming to kiss him. Every part of me. I stare at his lips. Pink. 

Kissable. 

 I feel a nudge on my chin. Link angles my head up to his. He traces his index finger around my lips. I don't know what took control of me in this moment. He pulls me close and I kiss him. A long silence.

 I kiss slow. 

Soft lipped. My eyes close and pure euphoria fills me. His hands move me closer. I rest my hand over his shoulders dangling them. He pulls away slowly and leans his on mine. "Wow..." He whispers. I kiss him on the cheek for good measure. "I've waited so long to do that," I say staring at him nuzzling my head on his shoulder. He laughs and pulls me in for one more kiss. Tender and warm, the epitome of contentment. We walk back to the castle with two silent princesses in one hand and our other hands linked together.