The pyramid

Once upon a time there was a boy called colin and he lived in Egypt with his Dad.
colin’s mother had died giving birth to him and colin and his father were still mourning her death.
colin was fourteen now and he had to be strong, but it is hard when all you have is a Dad who treats you like a bag of rubbish and a camel called Al Rahila
colin’s Dad used to be nice to colin, but his mum’s death had taken its toll. One day colins Dad said to colin, “we will have to sell our camel for food.”

“no!”colin shouted.

“yes, now get out there!” colins Dad shouted as he pushed colin away.

colin reluctantly walked with his camel to the marketplace but when he got there, he saw an man.

“You look hungry little child and I have something for you but in return give me your camel, mine just died.” The man said.

“im sorry for your loss but your not getting this camel” colin said.

The man got out a smoke bomb from his pocket and threw it.
colin coughed and coughed and next thing he knew the camel was gone and the man was gone and in front of him he saw a pouch and inside some sandstone.
colin went back home to his Dad who shouted.

" I asked you to trade the camel for some food but what do you bring me a chunk of sandstone you are so useless" he shouted exasperatedly slapping the boy around the head "go to your room you worthless scum"
colin rushed to his room to avoid a worse beating and his Dad chucked the chunk of rock out the window and went to bed.
colin went to bed and that night was the hottest night ever and there was a yellow flash, colin walked over to the window and screamed at the sight of a pyramid.
colin ran outside and looked for an opening to the pyramid once he had seen the door, he ran inside, and he looked around.
There were some weird drawings on the walls of the pyramid, colin took his time to look at them, one was a drawing of a man holding a stick, another was a human looking figure with a dog head.
There was one other that looked like two boats and a sun.
colin did not know what that meant because he did not study hieroglyphics.
But if he did, he would know that one boat led to freedom the other to certain death.
colin walked into the next room to find two boats just like he saw in a drawing in the first room.
Worried, colin chose a boat and it creaked.
colin started to worry but he needn't have as it was the right one and it flew right into the next room of the pyramid.
colin opened his eyes to see a tiny space, this must be the top of the pyramid colin thought.
“I thought there would be something here” colin looked around to see gold, I could really use that, colin thought as he walked towards it.

“Are YOU TRYING to Steal My Gold” A voice bellowed from above.

“What was that "colin enquired

“Me I am the guardian of this pyramid I am sphynx!” Sphynx shouted as the beast made of limestone jumped down.

 colin stared confused by the appearance of the creature that called itself sphinx, he was tall with a lion's body a thick wild tail thrashing angrily behind him and the face of a young man, it was the most peculiar thing colin has seen so far "uh......"

sphinx threw a spin kick towards colin knocking him off balance and on to the floor.
colin berated himself all he could say to this creature was "uh" so stupid, colin scrambled to his feet and if the glare on the sphinx face was enough to go by, he was going to get beat up bad.
colin hardly had time to think with the fist like paw hurtling towards his face was enough to snap him out of his Stuper as he dived for the ground as the fist like paw landed in the place his face has been only seconds earlier applying the skills from when his dad made him take Martial arts classes when he was younger, he swept his body under the creature attacking hind and spun himself to his feet the creature now sprawled in a heap at his feet colin couldn't help but feel a sense of victory.
Now the sphinx was angry, but it was unable to move at all.
colin knew he won when the sphinx broke down the floor enabling him to get to a lever that opened the point of the pyramid and a ladder came flying down the now open pyramid.
colin took some gold from out of the pyramid and climbed the ladder. colin slid down the pointed pyramid back to his house. The pyramid sunk back into the Egyptian sand. colins dad got off the phone with  the police and ran over to his boy.

“I was so worried about you colin "colins dad said.

“no you were not youve always been like this ever since mother died” colin said putting the gold down.

“I'm sorry I was just angry I guess losing your mother did take its toll on me" colins dad said. “I heard about what happened in the market and I was very angry, I called the police, and they took him to jail. Our camel is back home with us”

“Thats good what about the food problem "colin said
"oh right that gold you got there should do the trick" Dad said
" i knew it youre nothing but a gold digger!" colin shouted as he stormed off to his room.
His quilt was worn and on the floor he had to sleep on a puffy bed each and every night. he had no pillows. colin lay down on his bed uncomfortable trying to get to sleep.
Eventually he gave up and whispered to himself " i cant stay here anymore and he got up and jumped out of his broken window.
it was pitch black and colin could not see a thing his dad was inside sleeping colin could hear him from a mile away. colin was going to run away and noone could stop him.

A/N

hi everyone this is my first story so please be nice and point out any mistakes i make along the way

hope you enjoyed chaper 1 of my story and make sure to vote and comment if you liked it

bye
Bremanpvp