[5] james in thought

James was lying on his bed, thinking of Lily. It had been a month since the fight with Snape, and she still hadn't forgiven him. Could he really apologize to the pathetic boy who followed Lily around? But then he thought of the look on her face when she'd come to yell at him afterwards; like he was something foul. Would saying sorry to Snape really redeem him in her eyes? Or would he have to do more, change his ways entirely...

"JAMES!"

"What?" he sat up and looked over.

"I've been calling your name for ages!" shouted Sirius from the other side of the room. "I was asking you whether you remembered from last night where on the third floor that secret passage was?"

They were hunched over the group's latest project, a map that would not only cover every inch of the school, but also show every person in the building, along with their exact location.

"Oh, yeah, behind the statue of the one-eyed witch."

"What're you thinking about, Prongs?" asked Pettigrew.

"Ummmmm...."

"Lily." said Sirius, grinning.

"Going to apologize yet?" asked Lupin.

James thought it over.

"Okay." he said. Awed looks appeared on his friends faces. "But I'm waiting till Christmas break, I don't want the entire school seeing this."

"You want Lily seeing it, don't you?" called Peter.

"Yes, but she's staying for the break."

"And you know this how?" said Sirius, one eyebrow comically raised.

"I overheard her in the common room, okay?" answered James very quickly.

"Sure." said Remus, smiling.