Bts - the chosun ilbo interview

[Interview from the korean newspaper The Chosun Ilbo]

"BTS seems to have a lot of interest in social issues. I heard that BTS often read newspapers. Does that help in your musical activities?"

Suga: "Our fans are talking about what is happening in society, so we should know about it too."

RM: "The identity we have as a group from the time of our debut is to tell our stories through music. The story of our age. So we should be aware of the social phenomenon that surrounds us and our peers. If you do not know about social phenomena in general, you can not write lyrics that contain such content."

_ _ _

"What do you think is the difference between BTS and other Korean idol groups?"

Suga: "We are proud of our performances. I love our stages so much. I'm confident about our performances and that many people would enjoy seeing us perform. I also think there is a difference in history and authenticity that we have accumulated over the years since we debuted. I do not think there are any groups that have the same position as us."

RM: "It is like we co-exist with our narrative. The narrative and our world view is all in our music. A story of youth and school that only we have talked about. It is about my youth, my school, my mom, sister and our peers. These narratives and stories are all in our music. The music conveys that "we came up here from the bottom". The fans are proud of that and so are we. Our groups co-existence is the background on which we build narratives. Starting with each of our members -not- creating a personal social media account. You can look at us individually and see that each of our members are different. But we all know exactly in what direction we need to go. We don't break up our schedule or practice. We're here today because we all came together for a group brand called BTS."

Suga: "We are all in it together. No member in our group is thinking "I am carrying more than another member" or "it is hard being this group". We all prioritize BTS and think only of BTS."

RM: "I am not that good at dancing, but I am so eager to dance because I want to help the group. Not for me. I just want to fit to my group."

-