Chapter 4

(During the events of The Finale)

Esther walked through the airport in Paris waiting to feel a buzz that never came. She frowned where was that girl Amanda had promised to pick her up and yet she was nowhere to be seen.

Sigh she wasnt really surprised, she had promised the young female that she would come and help her with this "great plan" she had. But Amanda was never known for being completely dependable, which meant she needed to find somewhere to stay.

Now who did she know that lived in Paris. A large smirk crossed her face and she moved toward a taxi.

_________________________________________________

Duncan Macleod could not believe this, Amanda had just came by tried to flirt with him, made dinner then admitted that she had released Kalas as a "favor" to Duncan

Yeah, some favor there was nothing that could make this day worse. He froze as he felt an immortal and turned grabbing his sword waiting as he heard the thumping of boots coming down his stairs.

As the immortal came into view he groaned he had been wrong his day had just gotten worse.

"Duncan!" The female smiled and moved forward throwing her arms around the male immortal. He stumbled back trying to get away from the female who was tended to be a little bit to snugly for him. It wasnt in a sexual way she just liked being hugged apparently.

"what are you doing here?"

"Now Duncan is that anyway to talk to your teacher?" Esther grinned as she moved past him, she knew why he found her annoying.

The first time they met she had been trying to hide and was staying with Darius. To keep on the down low and not allow anyone to realize who she was, she had pretended she was insane.

When Duncan had shown up she had crazily declared herself his teacher, then jumped out of dark corners at random to yell strange bits of advice at the younger immortal. Duncan had been kind while he thought she was insane...

But the day came where she was ready to leave and was gathering all her things and telling Darius goodbye. Duncan had  stared as the woman finally acted completely sane. And realized that everything had been a ploy after that he had trouble trusting her. Next time they met he found out she tended to highlight as a bounty hunter for immortals, he hadnt truly trusted her since. But they still had an odd sort of friendship